Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bluffton Baseball Update

Bluffton Baseball Update

First I want to thank all of Redszone for the support you all showed for Bluffton after the tragic bus accident. Not only for those of you who may have donated money but thank you to everyone who kept those boys in your thoughts and prayers. I can promise you it was all appreciated.

Tim Berta, a student coach, was the last person from Bluffton to leave Atlanta. Last weekend he was flown up to a hospital in Toledo where he is making progress.

Also wanted Redszone to know that the Reds are having the players, coaches, and family members come to the Reds/Astros game on May 7th. The guys will get to stand behind the cage while the Reds and Astros take batting practice and meet with both teams. There will then be some kind of on field ceremony before the start of that nights game.

Again thank you all, the support from people like you has served to really help these guys in a difficult time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bluffton Baseball Update

While our thoughts and prayers are still with those who passed and their families, congratulations to the Bluffton players for getting back out on the field this season and playing for their teammates. Although they only sport a 1-10 record, it appears that they have been pretty competitive in most games. But I'm sure in the big picture the W's and L's are meaningless for these guys.

Re: Bluffton Baseball Update

I can tell you the guys are happy to being playing but they would like to have the record better. I have been to a few games and they are always right there and then have one bad inning and the game gets away from them, kind of like the Reds in the 8th this week. Happy to report though that Bluffton did pick up its second win of the season tonight.

Turn Off Ads?