Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ross has hit rock bottom

Re: Ross has hit rock bottom

i don't think i've ever seen a hitter on as bad a fall as Ross. that said, if i had all of Ross' PAs to this point, i'm pretty sure i'd have a higher OBP than him at this point.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I couldn't help it... when Ross hit into that triple play I started cracking up.
    I was happy. Because in 30 years when this team is forgotten about, I'll be able to tell my grandchildren I saw a triple play in person.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I couldn't help it... when Ross hit into that triple play I started cracking up.
    I laughed, only because I joked with my friends at the game earlier this week that David Ross was the only player in baseball that could hit into a double play with nobody on base.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

In Ross' defense...wait, that's not very good either...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    In Ross' defense...wait, that's not very good either...
    yeah...couple that with the fact that LaRue's 453 OPS is 185 points higher than Ross' and well....
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Not a very popular notion... but I'll except his struggles offensively, if he keeps the starting pitchers in line [which he seems to be doing]. Actually, the whole team is hitting rock bottom against southpaws so far this year. Tonight's performance was pathetic...:thumbdown
    I agree completely. Problem is the team was built with the idea that Ross would be the 4th power source (behind Dunn, EdE and Griffey). Now its looking like Hamilton, but its pretty hard to get all 4 in there at the same time.

If EdE, Dunn and Griffey get going and somehow Hamilton can be on the field too, Ross' bat won't be a major problem. If those guys don't hit, Ross' bat probably won't matter.

I'd like to see him start hitting, but if he keeps the starting pitchers going, its down the list of things to worry about with this team right now.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-22-2007 at 05:01 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

In years past with Larue, whenever he would go into a hitting funk... his defense (esp. throwing out runners) would be trotted out as a reason to keep playing him... in the hopes that he would break out offensively. Taubensee, IIRC, was pretty much kept for his hitting, so when he would go into a funk... it was - Ross seems to be the opposite of Eddie.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    i don't think i've ever seen a hitter on as bad a fall as Ross. that said, if i had all of Ross' PAs to this point, i'm pretty sure i'd have a higher OBP than him at this point.
    No you wouldnt.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

I feel badly for the guy. He has to be pressing so hard right now and I can only imagine that the pressure looms above him off the field, as well. I hope for his sake he pulls out of this. I mean, just when it seems it couldn't get worse, he had to ground into the triple play - it's almost comical how unfair that is. He actually hit the ball pretty hard and his reward was about as bad as it gets. Hang in there DR.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    No you wouldnt.
    As someone who used to pitch to Ravenlord, let me say don't count him out.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Question:

Did Javy Lopez retire, or is he an unsigned free agent?

Only one thing will help....David Ross has to go into the dryer, pronto...:dancingco
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Furball may have been correct during the offseason. They should have traded Ross who's trade value was excellent then kept LaRue.
    Crazy, but correct. I was a huge Ross supporter, and I completely dropped the ball in my virtual 'I control the Reds transactions' game I play in my head.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I really feel like Ross can be successful again, but he needs to work with Jacoby. I think more than discipline is his swing. It's just so lazy. He definitely has power and the speed is quick, but it's just a lazy swing.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    No you wouldnt.
    wanna bet? identifying balls and strikes was my strong point. however, actually hitting said strikes is where it would be problematic. but if you give me waist high fastballs or hanging breaking balls, i'm going to kill it.

Turn Off Ads?