Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eric Milton pitched well tonight

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Eric Milton pitched well tonight

I just think with all the topics and threads about Milton that are so negative, I would start a good one and say that he pitched well tonight. Hopefully it can carry over.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Eric Milton pitched well tonight

Hopefully this is all part of a plot by Krivsky and Narron to keep his ERA down to get some sucker to trade for him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I grudgingly admit, yes. he did pitch well. On a side note, did I hear Marty say the game was a sellout?

For some reason that's very surreal to me.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Don't tell Milton

How many FB's did he throw tonight? I'll probably find out tomorrow at work but it had to be under 50%. I like his/Ross' pitch selections.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    How many FB's did he throw tonight? I'll probably find out tomorrow at work but it had to be under 50%. I like his/Ross' pitch selections.
    8 flyballs / 10 ground balls
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hopefully this is all part of a plot by Krivsky and Narron to keep his ERA down to get some sucker to trade for him.
    Exactly
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I just think with all the topics and threads about Milton that are so negative, I would start a good one and say that he pitched well tonight. Hopefully it can carry over.
    I didn't get to watch the game tonight so it's good to hear. His line looked good from his last start but his velocity was very poor so his last outing wasn't as impressive as it may have looked in the box score.

Did you notice what his velocity was like tonight?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Milton is a great example of why the "quality start" is misleading. We need a "dominant start" stat...maybe 7 IP 2 ER???? Anyone?

Milton was topping out at about 88 but he had a good change, 73-74.

Rem

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

He was spotting the FB well, didn't leave it out over the plate, changed speeds well, and was hitting his spots.

Welch did a good job of explaining why Milton pitched well with an 88 mph FB tonight, but got his brains beat in with it the last two years.

If Milton continues to evolve in his ability to pitch with a different approach, he will be able to continue his major league career after this year. But trying to blow folks away with 88mph heat does not work, of course.

Hamels pitched very well, of course, but he also does not blow folks away. His FB was about 91 tonight, but he has such a good changeup that it makes it look a lot quicker.
    sorry we're boring

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Milton is a great example of why the "quality start" is misleading. We need a "dominant start" stat...maybe 7 IP 2 ER???? Anyone?
    I think the term quality is start is okay. It basically is saying you keep your team in the game and give them a chance to win.
    If a guy just allows 3 runs in 6 ip then you are giving your team a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I grudgingly admit, yes. he did pitch well. On a side note, did I hear Marty say the game was a sellout?

For some reason that's very surreal to me.
    I was there and it was a sellout... looked like a lot of walk-ups... weather, perhaps? Could also be the promo (but only 20,000 received it). Usually, in my perch at the very top of the ballpark I'm pretty much by myself, but I was surrounded by people last night and tonight.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I think the term quality is start is okay. It basically is saying you keep your team in the game and give them a chance to win.
    If a guy just allows 3 runs in 6 ip then you are giving your team a chance.
    Thats true but if I recall...Harang and Milton were similar in quality starts last year...Milton may have even had the edge...I'm too tired to check. There needs to be a stat to separate the men from the boys (in between a shutout and quality start).

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

After tonight, our starters(if my calculations are correct)have gone 112.2 IP, 50 ER for a 4.01 ERA. And we're nothing more than a .500 team right now. It's an absolute shame that our offense is wasting this great pitching.

Turn Off Ads?