Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow is this team a wreck

Re: Wow is this team a wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Marge'sMullet View Post
    Pitchers know how to get him out and they do when they buckle down.
    So his 40 home runs, 112 walks, and 131 hits last year were all accidents? Or maybe the opposing pitcher just felt sorry for him. I might be the only one but when I think of a guy opposing pitchers know how to get out I think of someone with David Ross stats not Adam Dunn stats. But don't let me get in the way of your "facts" seen through lenses that are clearly not biased in any way.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Dunn's on pace to create 120 runs this sesason. That would have been good enough for 10th in the NL last year.

Anti-Dunn folks, it's not a Dunn problem. It's a YOU problem.
    Amen!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    So his 40 home runs, 112 walks, and 131 hits last year were all accidents? Or maybe the opposing pitcher just felt sorry for him. I might be the only one but when I think of a guy opposing pitchers know how to get out I think of someone with David Ross stats not Adam Dunn stats. But don't let me get in the way of your "facts" seen through lenses that are clearly not biased in any way.
    I didn't say they felt sorry for him in those situations. The don't want to run their count up when they are winning a game by 2 + runs and no one on base. Everyone knows when no one is on base they will pitch differently then they do when there are runners on.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Stat geek...and proud

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Oh wait, you ignore the facts anyway.

I don’t know if you guys watch every game or not, but I do and this is what I see.
    I watch every game yes, and probably another 1 1/2 a day.

So I think your points are valid on his baserunning, fielding etc... but I wasn't talking about any of that now was I?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I watch every game yes, and probably another 1 1/2 a day.

So I think your points are valid on his baserunning, fielding etc... but I wasn't talking about any of that now was I?
    WOY, you seem like a reasonable person, can you honestly say that Dunn has progressed over the last 6 years?
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

WOW WOW WOW WOW... dunn SUCKS... for references- see last AB. he gets opportunities to drive in runs, but he just dosent.

Quote Originally Posted by Marge'sMullet View Post
    WOY, you seem like a reasonable person, can you honestly say that Dunn has progressed over the last 6 years?
    I think he progressed until 2005 and he's been stagnating with a slight retrograde since.

I don't believe that any player is the same player after they've been around the league more then once, they adjusted to him, he to them and then they to him again... now it's his turn to adjust. But plain and simple his game is walking and power, it's a big part of baseball, especially in today's game... there have always been guys like Dunn who are lightening rods for both adulation and disdain, not everybody is Pete Rose of Josh Hamilton, nor can everyone pile up the HR's and Walks like Dunn. I get that, and I can deal with it myself.

i really do wish dunn would drive in a run or do something positive, because i keep losing rep points because i just cant help myself... he's that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by tbball10 View Post
    WOW WOW WOW WOW... dunn SUCKS... for references- see last AB. he gets opportunities to drive in runs, but he just dosent.
    Yes that last bat sucked... so does your post eh?

But let's just call it sample size and move on.

Since you present his last at bat as proof will you be convinced that he does not suck the next time he does something good? Its a long season and all players experience peaks and valleys. Based on your line of reasoning, there isn't a player on this roster that doesn't suck right now.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Since you present his last at bat as proof will you be convinced that he does not suck the next time he does something good? Its a long season and all players experience peaks and valleys. Based on your line of reasoning, there isn't a player on this roster that doesn't suck right now.
    Well, in the interest of fairness, they all do. It's what happens when the whole team falls into a slump.

A wise man said baseball was a game of adjustments. We thought we saw AD make adjustments in spring that would result in less frustrating outs during the season.

That has NOT happened folks. So I think it would be smart to stop making this a personal issue on this board and start talking about what happens between the lines.

Here's my take: Marty (and Thom for that matter) clearly do NOT have anything against Dunn personally. Little guy syndrome... give me a break.

Broadcast announcers live - even more than rabid message board posters - for moments of excitement in the ball game. And Dunn has the God given ability to make a whole boatload of those. So when he doesn't and in fact when he creates the opposite (moments of sheer disappointment) of course it's natural to expect that those announcers are going to note that. And it will wear on them.

And for the fella who posted that he wanted to see Dunn progress, I concur. This is exactly when it's supposed to happen. Magical 27th bday. So, yea... I don't think it's irrational to expect to see the big boy cut down on terrible ABs. Case in point: what I just watched. It was three kinds of ugly.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Now where is that gosh darn forest? I can't seem to find it with all these trees in the way.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Senor Votto

So much for trading offense for defense Wayne. Wayne has gotten lucky with some of his trades but I think "the trade" is really biting us in the ass now. We only got to bullpen starters who aren't even playing for the Reds right now. I like Gonzo but I miss Lopez's bat. I miss Kearns but I do like Griffey in right field and Josh Hamilton taking up Kearns spot.

Turn Off Ads?