Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow is this team a wreck

Re: Wow is this team a wreck

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    So much for trading offense for defense Wayne. Wayne has gotten lucky with some of his trades but I think "the trade" is really biting us in the ass now. We only got to bullpen starters who aren't even playing for the Reds right now. I like Gonzo but I miss Lopez's bat. I miss Kearns but I do like Griffey in right field and Josh Hamilton taking up Kearns spot.
    Just think of how much worse the defense would be right now with FeLo still on the team though.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just think of how much worse the defense would be right now with FeLo still on the team though.
    It's hard to pinpoint how many defensive chances FeLo would have, and how he would have fared. We pretty much know what we'd be getting with FeLo's bat though, and that is sorely missed.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

part of BBN

I can handle Kearns not being in there with the emergence of JH.
    Problem is EE 190 AVG, BP 224avg, Gonzo (a weak) 224 avg,Ross' avg isnt even high enough to type.
    I expect EE avg to come up but the other's I dont look for much improvement.

Originally Posted by Redsland
    Marty in the first: "Dunn doing what he does best: swinging right through it."

Marty in the eighth (?): "Time to face facts. Adam Dunn is not a run producer."

Marty later in that inning: "I would think this team might look at putting Junior in left, Ryan Freel in center, Josh Hamilton in right, and sitting Adam Dunn on the bench."

I can't figure out which Brennaman I dislike more

What did he say exactly that was wrong??

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Reality shouldn't be setting already. It's only been 19 games.

We should have been able to believe we're a competitive baseball team for at LEAST a month and a half.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I think anyone that says Adam Dunn "sucks" is far from accurate. He doesn't "suck." But he's not, nor will he ever be IMO, the best player on a playoff caliber team. I just don't see it now, and I don't think that I'll ever be able to see it. Poor defense, poor baserunning, and an unbelievable ability to not only make outs in the clutch, but to have TERRIBLE at bats, kills this team. I think Adam Dunn is a good guy, and I think that he tries hard, but he is what he is. For some of you, that's good enough, and I respect that. But for me, for what we're paying him now and what we could be paying him soon enough, it's not nearly enough for me.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    So much for trading offense for defense Wayne. Wayne has gotten lucky with some of his trades but I think "the trade" is really biting us in the ass now. We only got to bullpen starters who aren't even playing for the Reds right now. I like Gonzo but I miss Lopez's bat. I miss Kearns but I do like Griffey in right field and Josh Hamilton taking up Kearns spot.
    "The Trade" didn't kill the 2007 Reds. What is killing the 2007 Reds is the fact that Wayne Krivsky's personal wikipedia doesn't include a listing for the phrase "Short Track Record" anywhere.

If it did, he might've realized that counting on David Ross, Brandon Phillips and Edwin Encarnacion to proudce all the team's right-handed runs based on 1 good year for each of them might not've been the smartest decision in the world.

This team misses Rich Aurillia and the pre-'06 Jason LaRue more than it misses Lopez or Kearns, IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    It's hard to pinpoint how many defensive chances FeLo would have, and how he would have fared. We pretty much know what we'd be getting with FeLo's bat though, and that is sorely missed.
    Wayne sold the cow for a handful of magic beans

Whole Dunn debate will soon focus on the following question: Is this player worth $13.5 million next year, which is the amount of his 2008 team option. If not, then he should be shopped immediately and traded by the deadline for the best deal possible.

I haven't reached any conclusion yet, but with his recent play I am starting to think that a small market team -- which doesn't have many $13.5 million deals to give out -- would be poorly advised to exercise such an option on Dunn. But it is only April and maybe soon the Jacoby influence will manifest itself and Dunn will prove himself to be a $13.5 million player.

Otherwise, this team needs to just stay the course, keep bringing in the kind of talented players recently acquired (Phillips, Hamilton, Arroyo), and not panic. They also need to recognize that it takes awhile for some guys, like EE, to fully develop and you have to stick with them.

This team is in transition and it will be awhile.

Felo in DC

.281/.362/.365/.727 - 2006
    .308/.368/.346/.714 - 2007

Freel 2007

.290/.371/.339/.710

IMO Freel has replaced Lopez's bat.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Felo in DC

.281/.362/.365/.727 - 2006
    .308/.368/.346/.714 - 2007

Freel 2007

.290/.371/.339/.710

IMO Freel has replaced Lopez's bat.
    Is it really a replacement though when they were both playing here at the same time?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    What did he say exactly that was wrong??
    Right or wrong, it's not his place to make those comments.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Is it really a replacement though when they were both playing here at the same time?
    Guess not, but Lopez is and was the worst fielding SS I've seen as a regular and frankly I was done watching it myself.

Amazing how when the team goes in the tank it's Adam Dunn's fault. From where I sit he's one of the few players on this team who's done much of anthing at the plate this season. So what if he's had a bad six games. As long as Jerry Narron doesn't do something idiotic, like keep Dunn in the #5 slot, then Dunn will continue to be one of the team's few threats at the plate.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Guess not, but Lopez is and was the worst fielding SS I've seen as a regular and frankly I was done watching it myself.
    Where is it written he has to play SS?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?