Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has Krivsky done?

What has Krivsky done?

Since he took over we went from an exciting team with plenty of offense and little pitching who at least played exciting ball by losing games 9-8. Now we are stuck watching a boring team, with little to no offense and average pitching lose games 5-1. I used to hate watching Danny Graves come in and blow game after game, but at least I knew we would mount an offensive against the other team. Now, if we give up 3 runs we are doomed. This team has really regressed at the major league level, and I dont see much hope for this season. Our hopes rest on the shoulders of Bruce, Stubbs, Valaika and Votto, and another season of wasted summer nights.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What has Krivsky done?

Are you seriously asking this question that has been rehashed time and time again?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

some good some bad.

I still can't fathom not dealing Ross and giving Gonzalez a 3 year deal. Can't help it but I liked Larue. I really think Gonzalez is going to be the next albatross for a franchise that can't seem to get away from them.

This current team really is in no shape to compete even in a very mediocre Central division.

i only think that krivsky has made one bad move, but has definately atoned for that by adding arroyo, phillips, and hamilton. the other team may have been more exciting, but teams like that don't win championships, you don't see 9-8 games in the playoffs. not saying this team will, but they're closer than the other one was. The offense should come around, i think they basically have the core of the other offense still around, all they lost was kearns and lopez.

Are you seriously grumbling on how we LOSE games? What difference does it make HOW we lose. A loss is a loss and that's what I want to stop seeing. How we win I could care less about, I just want to win. If your honest complaint is that you want to be excited by a slugging offense then go watch American League ball.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Losing record = lack of talent, something the Reds have been suffering from since the mid 90s.

My complaint isnt how we lose it is the fact that I am a fan, baseball is a form of entertainment, and this team, win or lose is not entertaining. I know that everyone will say I dont care how we win, and I agree, but I would rather watch us hit ball after ball out of the park and lose, then watch Cole Hammels strike us out 15 times!

I'd just rather they win. This roster is such a hodge podge and really makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by runfreelrun View Post
    I know that everyone will say I dont care how we win, and I agree, but I would rather watch us hit ball after ball out of the park and lose, then watch Cole Hammels strike us out 15 times!
    Often times, players who hit the ball out of the park & strikeouts go hand in hand. Give me solid pitching & defense, and a team that can put the bat on the ball, get the bunts down when needed, etc. That's when you'll see winning baseball thus entertaining baseball.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by runfreelrun View Post
    My complaint isnt how we lose it is the fact that I am a fan, baseball is a form of entertainment, and this team, win or lose is not entertaining. I know that everyone will say I dont care how we win, and I agree, but I would rather watch us hit ball after ball out of the park and lose, then watch Cole Hammels strike us out 15 times!
    I think as a fan your ultimate goal is to one day win. There were lotsa problems with this team when WK took over and he is fixing them but it will take time. So far he has seemed to of done a decent job of fixing the starting pitching but it will take time to fix the other problems with this team most obvious the offense and defense. I have no problem sitting and watching BORING low scoring games as long as the team is as we speak being fixed in other ways.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Having considerably more talent is when you'll see winning baseball. The style of play has nothing to do with it as teams in recent years have been able to win using completely different styles of play.

Im not giving up hope just yet. I know they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat right now. But sooner or later they will come around to a respectable average. I think the pitching and defense is much improved over last year. I like the new bullpen guys. Overall, this team just seems a little more "professional" than before. Hopefully the hitting comes around soon and the pitching stays as good as it has been. Dunn fooled me the first week or so. I thought he was going to hit singles and drive in runs this year. But I guess Dunn will still never hit with RISP, strike out nearly half the time, but manage to hit 40 solo shots. I think the success and or failures of this team will fall in the hands of guys like Philips, Edwin, and even Ross. I am truely worried about Edwin.

If I was Jerry Narron I would make this team to watch the games they have played this year, and LEARN from their mistakes. It just seems like they are not thinking out there sometimes.

Anyway, I still think we could win in this division with what we got.

Krivsky's first full offseason mirrored DanO's. Eerily.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    I think the success and or failures of this team will fall in the hands of guys like Philips, Edwin, and even Ross. I am truely worried about Edwin.
    EE is the one guy I am not worried about. He has a track record that says he will hit, both Phillips and Ross lack the resume.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    EE is the one guy I am not worried about. He has a track record that says he will hit, both Phillips and Ross lack the resume.
    What he said.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?