Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Reds struggles against left handed starters

The Reds struggles against left handed starters

2-6 .250 W/L % versus left handed starting pitching on the season. There isn't any right handed power threats in this line-up, nor on the bench really, to speak of. This is an issue that will have to be addressed if the Reds are to remain competitive on the season. Are there any right handers with pop out there that may become available?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Reds struggles against left handed starters

Just Role Players that I can see right now.

Marcus Thames and Reggie Sanders have been discussed. I posted a thread in favor of Robb Quinlan yesterday.

The problem is finding a place for one to play. It needs to come from EE.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

Marcus Thames and Reggie Sanders have been discussed. I posted a thread in favor of Robb Quinlan yesterday.

Quinlan can go to first/rightfield. I wouldn't mind sitting Hamilton against lefties as he is struggling mightly against them.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post

My suggestion for a versatile guy about on par with Quinlan is Casey Blake. Blake's part of a series of complex platoons in Cleveland, can play 1B, 3B, and OF, and is off to a bad start so far this year.

Plus he's a former Twin!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Are there any right handers with pop out there that may become available?
    EE and Ross.

When they start hitting, We'll be fine.

If they start hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    My suggestion for a versatile guy about on par with Quinlan is Casey Blake. Blake's part of a series of complex platoons in Cleveland, can play 1B, 3B, and OF, and is off to a bad start so far this year.

Plus he's a former Twin!
    Blake would be interesting but I can't see Cleveland letting him go without making it hurt somewhere. Quinlan should be cheap to acquire and within any payroll parameters.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-22-2007 at 08:23 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Senor Votto

Conine

Craig Wilson would be a nice asset to have on hand right now. Of course he is off to a slow start too though.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I dont think Eduardo Perez has been picked up by anyone either. At the very least offer him a minor league contract.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Craig Wilson is a good observation. He has proven he can hit at the major league level, but has never been given a chance to be an everyday player. He could be an upgrade at first base for the Reds and would probably not be too ultra expensive either (especially after his slow start).

Wilson has a career OPS of .830 compared to Hatteberg's .767 and Conine hasn't had an .800+ OPS since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    Quinlan can go to first/rightfield. I wouldn't mind sitting Hamilton against lefties as he is struggling mightly against them.
    Yea is average is low against lefties but during last nights game they showed that Hamilton was 0-4 this series with 3 walks. I will take a 2 game stretch when a batter is getting on base 3 out of 7 times. How is he going to learn to hit lefties if he is sitting on the bench???

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    EE and Ross.

When they start hitting, We'll be fine.

If they start hitting.
    I agree. I think Eddie will come around. I'm concerned about Ross.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Turn Off Ads?