Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saturday night's "sellout" crowd

Re: Saturday night's "sellout" crowd

Saw a couple of Hamilton jerseys today at the park...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Saw a couple of Hamilton jerseys today at the park...
    I saw one on Friday. It made me happy

While not directly pertaining to attendance, how's this for evidence of Hamilton's exposure among locals...today I hung with my little cousins and one of them mentioned that they had been talking about Josh Hamilton in religion class at school. They're learning about "conversions", and as I understand it the class was supposed to come up with two examples of people who have converted their lives for the better and talk about them. So they talked at length about Hamilton's story and how well he's doing at the moment with the influence of God and his own determination. Of course, the other example the class came up with was Judge Mathis (who apparently used to be a gangster according to my cousin), so take from that what you will.

I'm still holding my breath, but if Josh Hamilton ends up being a solid part of these team for a while, he's going to be very special to this city.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I'm still holding my breath, but if Josh Hamilton ends up being a solid part of these team for a while, he's going to be very special to this city.
    I was listening to an interview with him on 700 today. He was talking about how he was brought up the right way and that once his parents got into their car accident he was on his own and started hanging out with the wrong people. He said if you hang around with the wrong people you start to do the things they do. If he chose do I think Hamilton's story is great to tell school kids. He was an All American boy from an all American family so if he can go down the wrong road so can anybody.

I really hope he chooses to visit the schools and tell this story.

Quote Originally Posted by UC_Ken View Post
    He was talking about how he was brought up the right way and that once his parents got into their car accident he was on his own and started hanging out with the wrong people.
    Am I missing something?? What car accident??
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I think there is one player that would turn the gate around atleast in his first start. Homer.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Am I missing something?? What car accident??
    I read this was how it all started too. I believe Josh was in the accident as well.

It was when he was playing in Florida... when his parents recovered enough to travel they went home but Josh was still in Florida recuperating. He was close with his parents and was very lonely with them not there or something like that. He became depressed, etc, etc, etc.

Regarding attendance, I agree it's not the giveaways as they're only giving them to a fraction of the crowed. I can remember going on bobblehead nights at Riverfront and seeing people get their bobbleheads and then head straight back across the bridge to their cars. They didn't even bother with the game.

Also, the Reds drew more than 25,000 on two nights during the first week, when it was COLD. And I believe they were both weeknights.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post

Also, the Reds drew more than 25,000 on two nights during the first week, when it was COLD. And I believe they were both weeknights.

They were also games that were included in the Power Pack...at least all 3 Cub games were.

Turn Off Ads?