Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How soon till we see some trades?

How soon till we see some trades?

This team has no bull pen and has little to no hitting as of late. The hitting should improve but I doubt the pen will. When will we start seeing some trades to address these issues. Wayne made quite a few moves last year, do you think he will be less likely to now because these are "his guys"?
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How soon till we see some trades?

This is usually a dead part of the season for trades. Teams are generally trying to feel out what they have. Many also have servicable options at AAA. I think we're more likely to see call ups well before trades start to go down.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Wayne made quite a few moves last year, do you think he will be less likely to now because these are "his guys"?
    Been over the "his guys" ground before. He's DFA'd plenty of the guys he's brought to town. Majic, cornerstone of his biggest deal, was sent to AAA to start the season. They didn't bring Schowenwise back this year, who Wayne did bring to town. They did bring Weathers back who Wayne had nothing to do with.

He's shown no propsensity to hang onto one of "his guys" inspite of horrable performance.

I hope Wayne doesn't panic this soon.

The last trade he made in desperation hasn't worked out too well.

Any trades made will have to send some offense our way. We don't have many chips to put on the table though. I would love to take a run at Rios from Toronto.

What do we have to trade? I can only think of two regulars right now that would draw any interest, one has about 50 major league at bats and the other is at the absolute low point of his value. Our best AAA position player prospect is hitting below .200. Trading Harang, Arroyo, or Bailey is counter-productive. Maybe our most interesting player right now is Lohse, who may be at peak value (at least temporarily) and can perhaps be replaced by one of the AAA starters until Bailey is ready.

It's true that we haven't much to offer at the big league level. I would look forward to seeing some of the AAA guys up though. Maybe these guys will come to life soon but it's difficult to be patient. Waited all the off season for baseball to start and this is what I find I have been waiting for (not what I had in mind).
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Things dont look good right now. We are 9-10 and 2.5 games out and getting ready to start a 9 game road trip. If we dont go .500 on this trip it may begin a downward spiral that we might not come out of. We dont have the starting pitching or bullpen to go on any long winning streaks.

Traditionally the Reds start strong, but not this year which doesnt bode well.

Hitting is a legitimate problem. The bullpen will get some help when Bray/Majewski come back. Majewski pitched really well when he was healthy in September last year. Bray could be a big help when he comes back (maybe DFA Cormier???).

I'm not sure what you do to help the hitting situation. D.Wise is not the answer, Votto is struggling, and others are too far away in the minors. Of course, a bunch of guys are struggling right now that should pick it up as well:

Ross: may not duplicate last year, but the guy is not a .105 hitter
    EE: Edwin won't hit .190 all year
    BP: Phillips is hitting .222
    Gonzo: Probably not much more than his current .241
    Hatteberg: will probably pick up his average a bit over his current .267

No one is really tearing the cover off the ball right now either. No one is currently hitting over .300. You have to figure someone will get hot sooner or later, right?

I believe we just have to be patient at this point. It's still early in the season and I don't believe that the hitting slump will last much longer.

Turn Off Ads?