Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Reyes

Jose Reyes

At this moment he's hitting .370 with a .452 OB and a .644 SLG. He's 4 doubles, 5 triples, 2 homers, 10 SB, 21 runs and 16 RBI.

He's on pace for 38 doubles, 48 triples, 19 homers, 95 SB, 200 runs and 152 RBIs. Oh yeah, his defense is off the hook too.

Any chance you get, watch the Mets if for no other reason than to see Reyes. He's on another plane right now.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jose Reyes

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    At this moment he's hitting .370 with a .452 OB and a .644 SLG. He's 4 doubles, 5 triples, 2 homers, 10 SB, 21 runs and 16 RBI.

He's on pace for 38 doubles, 48 triples, 19 homers, 95 SB, 200 runs and 152 RBIs. Oh yeah, his defense is off the hook too.

Any chance you get, watch the Mets if for no other reason than to see Reyes. He's on another plane right now.
    Wow. He's playing so well that he doesn't have to travel on the team plane? Well I guess whatever it takes to keep him happy.

If there was one guy that I would love to see in a reds jersey it would be Jose Reyes.This guy can do it all and completly is underrated!!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

He definitely is playing the game at an entire different level than anyone else in the league at the moment. His impact is impossible to stop at the plate, on the basepaths, in the field etc... and to watch that lightning quick bat lash a ball into the RCF gap, while his legs transform it into a triple, is a beautiful sight to behold.

Best of all, you (M2), christened him as destined to be a unique form of superstar, all the way back when he was an overmatched teenager scraping to try to keep his OBP at .300. And you did so above the objections of some who thought his statistical profile would never allow him to develop the plate discipline to succeed. Great call, on a fantastic ballplayer.

Hey! Where have you been? Good to see you!

Rem

Been a fan of Reyes and Wright for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    If there was one guy that I would love to see in a reds jersey it would be Jose Reyes.This guy can do it all and completly is underrated!!!
    I agree completely. If I were starting a team from scratch, Reyes would be my #1 pick out of all the players in baseball. Barry Larkin was my favorite player for a long time due to his all-around skills. Reyes' game reminds me of Larkin in his prime except that he is a little better than Lark in nearly every facet of the game.

Stormy, great to hear from you. Where you been?
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Stormy!

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Best of all, you (M2), christened him as destined to be a unique form of superstar, all the way back when he was an overmatched teenager scraping to try to keep his OBP at .300. And you did so above the objections of some who thought his statistical profile would never allow him to develop the plate discipline to succeed. Great call, on a fantastic ballplayer.
    Hey, I was right there with him. Its so funny to me how some people give up on players before they have a chance to develop.

I have a feeling that Redszone will be an interesting case study all year long with regard to Hamilton. He is strugg, strugg, struggling right now against lefties and pretty soon people will notice, and we know how Redszone over-reacts to things....

And whats up Stormy!! Good to see you round these parts!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I thought Hamilton drew three walks this weekend off of lefties? Correct? How is that struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I thought Hamilton drew three walks this weekend off of lefties? Correct? How is that struggling?
    .091/.231/.091, 0 Hr's, 0 Rbis, an OPS of .322

Would say that might be considered struggling, eh?
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Tiny, tiny sample size, no? How many at-bats is that? Not enough to conclude one way or another on it, in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Tiny, tiny sample size, no? How many at-bats is that? Not enough to conclude one way or another on it, in my opinion...
    And why are you trying to argue?

I never said a word good or bad about Hamilton. I stated that he is struggling against lefties now and if it keeps up people on Redszone will notice and therein lies the case study.

He's never been above A ball before this year, he is going to go thru struggles, thats all i'm saying.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

I don't know that I'm arguing, per se. It's just that he's had so few at-bats against lefties, that I am not ready to slap a "struggling" tag on him versus them just yet. It's one small step from that tag to the the dreaded "he struggles with lefties" and beyond...

Turn Off Ads?