Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Man, I wish I could take that back"

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

"Man, I wish I could take that back"

Just curious, What are some things you have said that, right after you said them, you really wished you hadn't?

When I was at a job where I could be very easily replaced, my boss asked me if I liked my job. I replied "Not at all"
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Man, I wish I could take that back"

Walking across the parking lot on a Friday afternoon, I spied one of our salesmen carrying a cardboard box. Trying to be funny, I said, "what's with the box-- they finaly wise up and tell you you're fired, go clean out your desk?" And he loooked up at me with sad eyes and said, "yes...".
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Walking across the parking lot on a Friday afternoon, I spied one of our salesmen carrying a cardboard box. Trying to be funny, I said, "what's with the box-- they finaly wise up and tell you you're fired, go clean out your desk?" And he loooked up at me with sad eyes and said, "yes...".
    Ouch

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

"When are you due"?

When I met my new neighbor I asked " So are these your grandchildren"?? ......she responded "No they are my children"
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I'm always using Ma'am and Sir ...... just politeness and manners.

I've called a lady Sir on 2 separate occasions. Just not paying attention.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    "When are you due"?
    Yes ........ that is REALLY a bad one.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

My boyfriend was making fun of my rather sizable nose, and my reply was, "At least I'm not walking around everywhere with a gigantic, disgusting gut hanging over my belt."

As soon as I said it, I felt horrible. In my defense, it was 2 am, and I was exhausted and cranky. Plus, that was the SECOND TIME THAT DAY that he brought up the size of my nose and compared me with a toucan. But still, it was a really mean thing to say, and predictably, it didn't go over so well.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

My when my last girlfriend and I had been together for 6 months, her name was Chelsea, I thought it was time to throw out the "L" word. So I said "I have something to tell you."
    "Yeah?", she replies.
    "I love you courtney!"
    And Courtney was the name of my girl before her, and she knew that....Needless to say, it wasn't much longer after that, that I was out on the prowl for a new girlfriend.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    My when my last girlfriend and I had been together for 6 months, her name was Chelsea, I thought it was time to throw out the "L" word. So I said "I have something to tell you."
    "Yeah?", she replies.
    "I love you courtney!"
    And Courtney was the name of my girl before her, and she knew that....Needless to say, it wasn't much longer after that, that I was out on the prowl for a new girlfriend.
    Oops!

Years ago when I bagged groceries at Kroger, there was this goofy van painted up with all sorts of Cleveland Browns stuff that a customer drove to the store all the time. After at least a year or so one day I saw one of my fellow baggers driving it, so (Browns hater that I am) I had to give him some crap about it. I said "Man, did you actually buy that ugly Browns van? What are you doing with that?" His response, "Yeah, I'm living in it right now." I felt pretty bad after that one, but he was surprisingly upbeat about it, didn't offend him or anything. He always was a little off-center.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Years ago when I bagged groceries at Kroger, there was this goofy van painted up with all sorts of Cleveland Browns stuff that a customer drove to the store all the time. After at least a year or so one day I saw one of my fellow baggers driving it, so (Browns hater that I am) I had to give him some crap about it. I said "Man, did you actually buy that ugly Browns van? What are you doing with that?" His response, "Yeah, I'm living in it right now." I felt pretty bad after that one, but he was surprisingly upbeat about it, didn't offend him or anything. He always was a little off-center.

That's classic!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    "When are you due"?
    I had one of those recently. And I knew she was pregnant. I just didn't know she'd given birth 3 months prior to my asking.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I was having an instant messenger conversation in two windows with two co-workers recently. I was answering moronic questions for one and complaining about the moronic questions to the other. I accidentally typed something like, "My job is pretty easy, all I have to do is answer stupid (another term for donkey) questions all day." I had no idea I'd done it until the reply popped up-- "Um, are my questions bothering you?"
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    I've called a lady Sir on 2 separate occasions. Just not paying attention.
    Guilty of that also.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?