Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Austin City Limits Music Festival

Austin City Limits Music Festival

My wife and I are going to this in September. I wish we would've gone last year because the '06 lineup was just a Murderers Row of Awesomeness, in my opinion (click link to see).

The official '07 lineup comes out in May but I've read that Andrew Bird, Kings of Leon, Robert Earl Keen and Ben Kweller are among those who've committed to play this year.

http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.aspx

Has anyone on the boards been to this before? If so, any recommendations on places to stay, places to eat & drink, etc.? We're really excited to make this trip.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Austin City Limits Music Festival

My cousin is the executive producer of Austin City Limits. I can give you a laundry list of things to do, PM me and I'll query my wife, it's her favorite city.

Off the top of my head, Chueys (Mexican) (I have their shirt on now) Iron Works (barbecue), Magnolia Cafe (for breakfast)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    My cousin is the executive producer of Austin City Limits. I can give you a laundry list of things to do, PM me and I'll query my wife, it's her favorite city.

Off the top of my head, Chueys (Mexican) (I have their shirt on now) Iron Works (barbecue), Magnolia Cafe (for breakfast)
    I love Chueys

If you like bbq you should also try The Salt Lick (kind of out of the way though), Stubbs is in downtown Austin it's great bbq and County Line.

For steak The Salt Grass is awesome.

And at least one day you have to get donuts from Round Rock Donuts. The best donuts in the world.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Thought I'd bump this since the official lineup has been released. Some of the better-known names playing: Bob Dylan, Wilco, Killers, White Stripes and Arcade Fire.

http://www.aclfestival.com/lineup.aspx

Registerthis, of particular interest to you, Crowded House will be performing.

I can't wait to go to this thing!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?