Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Banks project to be open by end of 2009

Threaded View

Re: Banks project to be open by end of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    What exactly are the cross streets of that Queen City Tower? It looks quite far east. I drive Eastern Avenue to work every day, and a few weeks ago, all of a sudden, whatever was just east of the Midland building was razed practically overnight -- so fast that I, embarrassingly, cannot remember whether it was a building or a small parking lot there before. Is that where this tower is due to go? But I don't think the Western Southern building is that far east, is it?
    3rd and Sycamore. The current W&S garage is to be razed and the tower built in its place. The first phase is on the corner of 3rd and Broadway.

It is the new Western and Southern (et. al.) building and the first phase was completed about two years ago. If you'll notice, the first 8 floors or so of the first phase is parking garage to accommodate the parking capacity lost from the old garage. Through my perusings online, I've heard it mentioned that this tower is the real reason why the GABP "gap" was so architecturally featured. Most of the tower should be visible through the gap.

Here's a really good thread to read up on the developments. http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php?topic=3170.0

There are also lengthy threads on pretty much every proposed and ongoing Cincinnati development there (The Banks and streetcars included).
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-20-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?