Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Banks project to be open by end of 2009

Re: Banks project to be open by end of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Nah, they will be in Dayton, The Cincinnati Reds of Dayton

Actually I do wonder if in 25 years Cincinnati will be an attractive MLB market, assuming baseball doesn't expand in that time period quite a few metro areas project to be bigger then Cincy by then.
    Cincy and Dayton will be considered a single metro area by then. Put them together today and CinDay is something like the 10th largest market in the country.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

16th or 17th actually, but bring on the Reds of Dayton
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_o...tistical_Areas
    Go Gators!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Cincy and Dayton will be considered a single metro area by then. Put them together today and CinDay is something like the 10th largest market in the country.
    And Kitty and I will be living with our Middletown neighbors in a burg known as Intermediateton. Home of the Big Blue Middies!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

You're exactly right. The are between the two cities is expanding like never before. I think that the next Reds stadium will be a little further from the river, and probably in a central location between the two.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    You're exactly right. The are between the two cities is expanding like never before. I think that the next Reds stadium will be a little further from the river, and probably in a central location between the two.
    If the only way to travel between the two is I-75 I hope they build it with a TON of parking
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If the only way to travel between the two is I-75 I hope they build it with a TON of parking
    Nah, Ohio Hub will be up and running by then.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/ohiorail/...rdc/index.html
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Nah, Ohio Hub will be up and running by then.

http://www.dot.state.oh.us/ohiorail/...rdc/index.html
    Among the many other dream projects that would do wonders for this state and city, I pray for high speed rail to become a reality. The sad thing is everyone knows it is valuable, everyone wants to see it happen, but it keeps getting put off due to capital costs. (Fitting, then, that you link it in the Banks thread.)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Bumping up, because apparently we're getting close to the long-awaited (read: since 1996) opening of the first phase of "The Banks."

Announced tenants, thus far, include:
    Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill (sounds positively nightmarish, but I'm guessing it's a country bar);
    Holy Grail (of the Clifton fame);
    Crepe Nanou (french bistro);
    The Wine Loft (a wine bar);
    Huey’s 24/7 Diner (supposedly a new orleans style diner)

And now this announcement:
    Johnny Rockets is poised to open a flagship, sports-themed restaurant and bar at The Banks riverfront development.

The nearly 3,000 square foot restaurant will be a “landmark” venue for Johnny Rockets as one of the first stores to adopt a sports lounge concept, said Cozette Phifer Koerber, vice president of brand marketing and corporate communications for Johnny Rockets
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/developi...-to-the-banks/

Some of this is slated to be open for Opening Day 2011.

I'm underwhelmed thus far, but I guess I have to admit some shock that there's anything there at all after these many years.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Bumping up, because apparently we're getting close to the long-awaited (read: since 1996) opening of the first phase of "The Banks."

Announced tenants, thus far, include:
    Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill (sounds positively nightmarish, but I'm guessing it's a country bar);
    Holy Grail (of the Clifton fame);
    Crepe Nanou (french bistro);
    The Wine Loft (a wine bar);
    Huey’s 24/7 Diner (supposedly a new orleans style diner)

And now this announcement:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/developi...-to-the-banks/

Some of this is slated to be open for Opening Day 2011.

I'm underwhelmed thus far, but I guess I have to admit some shock that there's anything there at all after these many years.
    Don't forget there will be a Christian Moerlein beer haus right next door but not technically in the banks.

FWIW I think the Holy Grail is going to be very good down there. I do think they need some nice restaurants as well as better eateries.

Turn Off Ads?