Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you do this?

Would you do this?

Dunn for Tori Hunter. Both are free agents at the end of the year, and I see both earning about the same money in free agency. It clears up the lefthanded glut of outfielders and improves us in center. It also frees up Freel to play his jack of all trades role and lets Hamilton play left field every day. I would do it in a second, but cant imagine the Twins would go for this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you do this?

No, No and let me think about it... No

Dunner is going to be on this team for awhile.... Why do you ask?

Well, the ownership is willing to spend money... And with the likes of Milton and KGJ (in a few years) coming off the books we'll have money to spend to lock him up.

Love him, hate it, don't want him - doesn't matter.... Adam Dunn is going to be on the Reds team for awhile.

Just to prove it - I've bought a lot of Bengals Jerseys (Palmer, CJ, Rudi, TJ and Pollock - With the likes of everyone but Pollock soon as I got the Jersey there was pretty much an annouced saying they've been signed long term) ((I bought a Dunner Jersey last year, its all in the fold))
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

*If* you trade Dunn, the return better be something other than an OF. That's about the least of the Reds' seemingly long line of worries. And to answer your question, no I would never make that trade.

So we get worse, older, and we don't even trim the payroll.

Where do I sign up?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Not to sound mean, but that's one of the worst trade proposals I've seen posted in quite a while.

Senor Votto

No

Only if Mauer is thrown in
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by runfreelrun View Post
    Dunn for Tori Hunter. Both are free agents at the end of the year, and I see both earning about the same money in free agency. It clears up the lefthanded glut of outfielders and improves us in center. It also frees up Freel to play his jack of all trades role and lets Hamilton play left field every day. I would do it in a second, but cant imagine the Twins would go for this.
    If you trade Dunn then we're going to have to go out and get more left handed hitting, and we'll go round and round.

Also I'd take Hamilton over Hunter in CF at this point in their careers. And as others have said Hunter is getting old, and if you think Dunn is over paid, well.....
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Are you kidding me, weaker? I am so tired of everyone here defending Adam Dunn. What does he do, hit meaningless homeruns, strikeout all the time, fail to hit with men on base, play below average defense, what else. Tori Hunter is a 6 time gold glove winner, with a career .270 average who consistently comes up with the big hit and defensive play when called upon. The sooner you guys realize Dunn is nothing more then a below average player who hits homeruns, the sooner we all can agree he is one of, if not the biggest problem with this team. Come to your senses, and take off the blinders.

Are you kidding me, weaker? I am so tired of everyone here defending Adam Dunn. What does he do, hit meaningless homeruns, strikeout all the time, fail to hit with men on base, play below average defense, what else. Tori Hunter is a 6 time gold glove winner, with a career .270 average who consistently comes up with the big hit and defensive play when called upon. The sooner you guys realize Dunn is nothing more then a below average player who hits homeruns, the sooner we all can agree he is one of, if not the biggest problem with this team. Come to your senses, and take off the blinders.
    Speaking of blinders. You can contend that Dunn is not good if you want, but using Hunter as someone you think is better than him is pretty stupid.

Career
    Hunter: .269/.323/.465

Dunn: .246/.379/.512

If you think Dunn is not good how can you think that Tori Hunter is good?

Not to mention that Hunter will be 32 this year, chances aren't good that he's going to be getting better. It's just a guess but his best seasons may have been behind him. And gold gloves don't always go to the best fielder and Hunter is a perfect example of a guy getting because of reputation rather than performance.

And he makes more money than Dunn.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 04-23-2007 at 07:44 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

if i traded dunn, i think i would want either a huge bullpen upgrade, or some good prospects, with the idea of signing offense in the offseason.

Wow, that would be a Giant step in the wrong direction.

Look, this argument has been rehashed a million times already. Rather than get into Dunn, I'll focus on Hunter, because the search function is at your disposal and if you want a Dunn argument, go nuts.

Hunter's defense is on the decline. Like most center fielders, their defensive ability declines pretty rapidly with range. Hunter's speed has gone down very rapidly, and because of it, he lacks the range to play a top flight CF'er. He is about league average, maybe worse in CF right now.

Now obviously Dunn is not a good fielder, and Hunter would thump him in that regard, but his defense no longer does enough to close the gap between their respective offensive values. Dunn is a much better offensive player. You could make the argument that the Torii Hunter from 2 or 3 years ago would give the current Dunn a pretty good run for his money in terms of total value because of his ability to play a top flight CF, but at this point, there's no comparison.
    Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 04-23-2007 at 08:06 PM.

WOW

what a !HORRIBLE! trade that would be for us.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Only if Mauer is thrown in
    Yeah. I'd do that!

Turn Off Ads?