Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs?

Re: NBA Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I didn't mean could they beat them. Obviously they can beat them, but in a series?

Miami, Detroit are different teams in the playoffs.

Oh and I've just had a gut feeling about the Nets upsetting the Raptors. I like them, but just feel like inexperience might hurt them in the playoffs. Plus, the Nets are playin good ball right now. It is also their last run. Carter will probably opt out in the off season and Kidd is declining more and more each year.
    Agreed on the Raptors. But Chris Bosh is the next big thing, IMO. Too bad he plays for the Raptors.

I just get this feeling that the Cavs are going to take two big steps forward this year. There's no real logic to it. Wishful thinking.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think the Rockets are the dark horse. Yao has made himself into a player.
    Yao is a fun dude to watch. He has so many different moves -- quick power moves to the inside, pivot and fade shots, etc. Since he's been healthy, they've really been running the offense through him and its opened a lot of good looks from beyond the arc.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Only thing is, this is the Bulls' third straight playoff trip.

I'll go Cavs-Suns final. Suns in 5.
    What, didn't you hear what I was thinking when I wrote this?

What I meant was this was the first year (at least in my mind) that the Bulls can be taken half-way seriously in the playoffs (like the Cavs last year).

The Bulls previously were like the Magic this year, i.e. in the playoffs but not really *in* the playoffs.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Agreed on the Raptors. But Chris Bosh is the next big thing, IMO. Too bad he plays for the Raptors.

I just get this feeling that the Cavs are going to take two big steps forward this year. There's no real logic to it. Wishful thinking.
    I would imagine Carter is getting quite the reception up in Toronto for his tank-job a few years back.

I'd like the Cavs to be moving forward. But I think they are wasting the Lebron years with the current surrounding cast. Besides James, the Cavs are a sub-par team.

The true battle is in the West. I'd only put the Pistons in the top 5 in the NBA and even then, they'd be #5 with the Mavs, Suns, Rockets, and Spurs ahead of them.

Well the Warriors should be proud of themselves for making it through almost two games before doing what they do best and melting down. A lot of talent and just as much stupidity on that team.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just caught bits and pieces, but was Baron really thrown out just for clapping? I understand the no complaining rule, but this is getting a little out of hand with this and the Duncan situation.

I also saw alot of bad calls, but I'll admit I didn't watch the whole game so I can't say weither or not it was called unfairly.

Also, guess I was wrong about Toronto.

Good blog entry about the Baron Davis incident: http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog/ba...2-ar42847.html

When you've got his rep for immaturity, you've got to watch it, particularly when you've already got 1 T.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Davis' act looked like a pretty obvious mocking of the ref to me. And like what dabvu said, when you've already got a T and a bad rep, you need to keep your mouth shut.

The Warriors had a melt-down. Stephen Davis got the boot as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for a game after the way he mouthed off all the way off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Davis' act looked like a pretty obvious mocking of the ref to me. And like what dabvu said, when you've already got a T and a bad rep, you need to keep your mouth shut.

The Warriors had a melt-down. Stephen Davis got the boot as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for a game after the way he mouthed off all the way off the court.
    Yeah, Davis was practically clapping in the refs face.

And I didn't see Stephen Davis at the game or that he was thrown out.

But yeah Stephen Jackson said some not very nice things to the ref as he was leaving the court. One of his teammates was trying to cover Jackson's mouth with a towel.

Leading league in hotness

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Mavs and Bulls in the finals.
    Fixed it for ya!

Just you watch, Chicago will win. They are a way better team this year, and I think they have a legit chance to beat anyone.

They did win the season series agaisnt Detriot..................

EDIT: Notice the emphasis I put on TEAM, they have such good chemistry, and work so much better than any other team in the league, I got them in the finals against Dallas
    Last edited by griffeyfreak4; 04-26-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

And I didn't see Stephen Davis at the game or that he was thrown out.
    Whoopsy.

Mavs losing by 20 in game 3.

Still wonder if Golden State can win this series, but wow would I love to see the Mavs get bounced in the first round and get to hear little Marky-warky whine some more.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Mavs losing by 20 in game 3.

Still wonder if Golden State can win this series, but wow would I love to see the Mavs get bounced in the first round and get to hear little Marky-warky whine some more.
    I guess the NBA is sending the message that the way to get the calls to go your way is to cuss at the refs get ejected and then refuse to leave the court so you can cuss at the refs some more. That was one of the most poorly officiated games I've seen in a while. Very much in favor of the Golden State Warriors.

I'm no fan of the Lone Star State Mavericks either, but I'd love to have Mark Cuban own any franchise that I cheer for. I think he's the best owner in all of professional sports. But he does whine about the refs a lot.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

The Mavs might be looking at a swift exit. Warriors up 3-1 in this series now.

The Suns are up3-1. The Lakers have them right where they want them!

Turn Off Ads?