Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs?

Re: NBA Playoffs?

31 for Gibson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Cleveland Cavaliers are going to the NBA Finals!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

got alil captain in u?

daniel gibson should be a legend in cleveland for his performance tonite what a job the young fella major props

Worth The Wait

Witness!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detcle_070602_celebrate_22.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	4889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detcle_070602_celebrate_44.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	4890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nikebasketball_lbj_witness.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	4891  

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I am so excited about the Cavs going to the finals!!!

All those years of Price, Ehlo, Nance, Hot Rod, Big Softie etc...

LeBron made it happen (with the help of Boobie)!

I just hope the Spurs don't wipe the floor with them. Bowen most certainly will be guarding 'Bron, and Z is gonna have his hands full with Duncan.

The Cavs did beat them both times in the regular season, but that's the regular season.

One thing I really liked about the Pistons series was Mike Brown's guard rotation. I think he managed those guys really well, and used Eric Snow perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post

I just hope the Spurs don't wipe the floor with them. Bowen most certainly will be guarding 'Bron, and Z is gonna have his hands full with Duncan.
    mark it down, LeBron will have his way with Bowen. The guys that give Bowen problems are the strong type, and not many 3's are stronger than King James. Let me be the first to say that the Cavs match up very well with the Spurs, and I am giving the Cavs more of a chance than almost anyone, could be because they were signing my checks, but honestly just look at the match-ups.

Parker vs Hughes
    i see this as being the key match up of the series. if hughes was healthy, i'd feel a little more comfortable. but as is, i see parker being able to use his speed to get around hughes and kick to shooters on the perimiter. Boobie will come in and show more speed and have a better shot than Hughes. Advantage: Spurs

Finley vs Sasha
    Finley is not the same player as he was with the Mavs a few years ago, that being said he is still a deadly outside shooter. Sasha struggled a bit with the quickness of Hamilton against Detroit, but Finley will be more like Vince Carter in the series against the Nets where Sasha excelled. Sasha on the offensive end just needs to get a couple buckets to get his confidence up and just take what is given to him, and not push the issue. Advantage: Push, maybe slightly to Spurs

Lebron vs Bowen
    I feel that I dont really need to go into much detail here. Bowen struggles with bigger, stronger players, and Bron the the example of that. No one player can't stop Bron. With Bowen being pretty much an outside shooter, with little driving ability, Lebron will be able to conserve energy on the defensive end. Advantage: Cavs

Oberto/Elson vs Gooden/Varejao
    Gooden, imo, is the x-factor for the Cavs in this series. If he shows up they will have a much better chance of winning title #1. but he gets in foul trouble and loses his jumper, the cavs could be in trouble. Varejao is the spark plug of the Cavs, but his high energy also causes some stupid fouls away from the basket. I see this matchup as a push, with Cleveland having a better potential, but far more inconsistancy. Advantage: Push

Duncan vs. Z
    Duncan is obviously one of the best players in the league, and possibly one of the best ever at his position. That being said, Z is a large, large man. Duncan will get his on the offensive end. The key for the Cavs is Z being able to bring Duncan out to the second level, and Z hitting the mid-range jumpers. Obviously have to take the Hall of Famer in this match up. Advantage: Spurs

I see a very evenly matched series in the finals. I think the Cavs take one of the first two games in SA, and take the series in 6, but that just might be my wine-and-gold colored glasses talking.

and thank god that the Cavs are my anti-Reds

Worth The Wait

Mason-- What did, or do you do, for the Cavs?

Dang. The Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals. The *Cavs* in the Finals. Who'd a thunk it?

Color me surprised seeing the Cavs win. Particularly after being down 0-2. Cavs never gave up, played great team defense, LeBron did his thing, and Detroit imploded, particularly Billups and Sheed.

And like others have said, they match up well with the Spurs. I think it will be a close series.

Pay attention to the open sky

Spurs win titles in odd years.

1999, 2003, 2005.

This is 2007.

Bodes well for the Spurs. Not so well for the Cavs.

Tim Duncan is 12-6 in the NBA Finals. 3 Times he & the Spurs have gone to the Finals. 3 Times they've won. Cleveland is staring down the equivalent of playing Tiger Woods at Augusta National, or facing Mariano Rivera in the 9th inning of a post-season game.

It's been a nice run, Cleveland.

But the fact that this roster is in the NBA Finals is a testament to just how weak the entire Eastern Conference is.

Spurs. Convincingly.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I thought this was an interesting take on the series from today's local paper.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b...s.359024c.html

Spurs take on villain role in NBA drama

Web Posted: 06/04/2007 12:00 AM CDT

Tom Orsborn
    Express-News

The Spurs know they will be living in the shadow of Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James this week.

They just hope it doesn't turn into a total eclipse.

While acknowledging having "King James" in the NBA Finals is "great" for the league and will drive TV ratings, forward Tim Duncan wonders if the Spurs will even merit a mention from those charged with hyping the best-of-7 series.

"I'm just hoping every once in a while, they'll throw the Spurs in there between LeBron highlights," Duncan said Sunday. "That would be nice."

James was just 18 when the Cavaliers drafted him No. 1 in 2003. He entered the league billed as the next Michael Jordan, a tag that fits after James' magnificent 48-point outing last week against Detroit.

But to become truly Jordan-like, James needs at least one ring. Standing in his way are the heavily favored Spurs, which Duncan says makes them the villains in this drama.

It's a role he embraces — at least for this series.

"We are the bad boys, which is fun," Duncan said. "Yeah, yeah, I enjoy being the bad boys. We're going to try to change our name or get a nickname or something for our team.

"It's a different role for us. We're usually the underdogs. We're usually the ones kind of fighting out of a hole. That's a little bit on (the Cavaliers') shoulders now."

The way guard Tony Parker sees it, the Spurs assumed Snidely Whiplash status when Robert Horry's well-placed forearm sent Phoenix's Steve Nash flying into the scorer's table in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals.

"We've been the bad boys since the second round. It's not going to change," Parker said of the Spurs' new image, which stands in sharp contrast to the choirboy label they once wore. "We are not vanilla anymore. We are the bad boys."

But that doesn't mean the Spurs are a dirty team, Duncan said.

"We aren't doing anything different," Duncan said. "It is what people have tried to put on us. We aren't dirty. We're not anything else. We just play hard.

"We are comfortable with any role. It doesn't change how we play."

Like Duncan, Parker knows the majority of fans outside Bexar County will tune in to the Finals to see if the Cavaliers and James can pull off the upset.

The Spurs are gunning for their fourth NBA title in the past nine seasons and third in the past five. This is Cleveland's first Finals appearance.

"Everybody likes new stuff," Parker said. "It's LeBron James' first Finals, so obviously a lot of people are going to root for him. That's fine. But they still have to try to beat us."

Much of the country will be cheering for James to do exactly that, or at least duplicate his signature 48-point performance a couple of times.

The Spurs figure that gem of an effort thrilled the league, which promotes its marquee figure at every turn.

"The league has made a big push on LeBron James," Parker said. "It's great for the league. I think a lot more people are going to watch the NBA Finals now."

Said Duncan, "I know the NBA is definitely excited about (having James in the Finals), and NBA fans are excited about it. So why wouldn't we be?"

torsborn@express-news.net
    /r/reds

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I am glad the Cavs are playing the Spurs. If they are going to win, I want them to beat the best.

IMHO, the Pistons and Spurs are the top two teams to beat in the NBA. The Cavs have already beaten one, and I really hope they can bring it against San Antonio.

Worth The Wait

Even my dog is a Witness.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00164~1.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	4895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00172~1.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	4896  

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Mason-- What did, or do you do, for the Cavs?
    I interned in the inside sales and group sales departments, and it's not helping me to get a ticket to any of these Finals games at the Q

Worth The Wait

All I gotta say.....(click on the record)

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/go...en_030909.html

Simmons makes a pretty compelling case....

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...7&sportCat=nba

"brutally efficient" is a good way to describe the Spurs.

LeBron will continue his ascent to superstardom but I'll say the Spurs in 6. LeBron wins one by his lonesome and the refs give one to the Cavs.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?