Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs?

Re: NBA Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah if Baron Davis keeps throwing in garbage all game. He's played out of his mind for this series. He's a terrible 3-point shooter, but he's been on fire for this series. They're not a good team, but they have a chance to win this series by playing way above their ability.

I don't like Dallas either, I don't think they are a true number one seed in the west. But I still think they'll pull this game out, I just don't believe Davis will play this well the whole game.
    Gotta give a little credit to Don Nelson.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Go Warriors.....

Mark Cuban: "I KNEW I should have bought those solid gold toilet seats!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Start the BUS, Start the BUS, Start the BUS, Start the BUS
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

After listening to their reaction after losing in the finals last year, i decided that Dallas fans were the biggest whiners and crybabys in sports. i wonder if they're going to blame the officials for their loss to GS.

Those fans should have been chanting "overrated" as they rushed the floor. Missed opportunity.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

I KNOW I'm not the only one who spent more time watching that SMOKIN' HOT chick in that blue shirt courtside than I did the game.

DAMN.

LOL How's that prediction that Dallas would win 3 straight after winning game 3, Chuck?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I KNOW I'm not the only one who spent more time watching that SMOKIN' HOT chick in that blue shirt courtside than I did the game.

DAMN.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to take note

It looked like Mark Cuban threatened to slug the TNT cameraman after the game ended.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to take note
    Seriously, I have trouble focusing on a game with scenery like that so imminently viewable on nearly every play! Even now on the highlights on Inside the NBA, LOL, my eyes are drawn to the same spot on every highlight. Hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Gotta give a little credit to Don Nelson.
    Don Nelson is a terrible coach, but so is Avery Johnson, IMO. I haven't watched them play much this year, but the Mavericks are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, I guess. I don't know how you can't beat a team that runs nothing but "spread" every time down the floor. And I love Mark Cuban, but Dirk is soft. The Mavs more handed them that one than anything.

GS played out of their minds again, it's an amazing win for them. I still don't think they are a good team. I don't see them shooting the ball like they did in that series for an extended run in the playoffs, I guess it's possible but not likely.

I love how Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis think they have to get up in a guy's face every time they think they are fouled somewhat hard. Grow up. And honestly the refs sent a clear message in that series: Cuss at the refs, get ejected and you'll get the calls. I in think that game and game 3 the Warriors got the benefit of most calls. But in the end the Mavs didn't show up the team, the coach nor it's super star.

Don Nelson is a terrible coach, but so is Avery Johnson, IMO. I haven't watched them play much this year, but the Mavericks are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA, I guess. I don't know how you can't beat a team that runs nothing but "spread" every time down the floor. And I love Mark Cuban, but Dirk is soft. The Mavs more handed them that one than anything.

GS played out of their minds again, it's an amazing win for them. I still don't think they are a good team. I don't see them shooting the ball like they did in that series for an extended run in the playoffs, I guess it's possible but not likely.

I love how Stephen Jackson and Baron Davis think they have to get up in a guy's face every time they think they are fouled somewhat hard. Grow up. And honestly the refs sent a clear message in that series: Cuss at the refs, get ejected and you'll get the calls. I in think that game and game 3 the Warriors got the benefit of most calls. But in the end the Mavs didn't show up the team, the coach nor it's super star.
    This has to be the worst post about basketball i have ever read. Why are you so bitter towards the warriors? You just called one of the greatest coaches of all time terrible. And the mavs were one of the best defensive teams all year. Why can't you give any credit to the warriors. They played great and they won.

And BTW, terrible coaches dont get teams that havent been in the playoffs for 13 or 14 years there in their first season. Nor do they win 67 games in a season. Congratulations to avery johnson and the mavs. And Go Warriors!
    Last edited by ochoa30; 05-04-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I wouldn't call Nelly a terrible coach, nor would I say the same about Avery, who is still learning on the job.

Golden State isn't playing out of their minds, they're playing to the best of their ability. They exploited every matchup they could in the series, credit that to Nelly. They play sound defense considering they're a running team.

And as far as the Jackson/Davis thing, it gets out of hand, but emotions run high, I would probably react similarly when I had my adrenaline going.

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    This has to be the worst post about basketball i have ever read. Why are you so bitter towards the warriors? You just called one of the greatest coaches of all time terrible. And the mavs were one of the best defensive teams all year. Why can't you give any credit to the warriors. They played great and they won.

And BTW, terrible coaches dont get teams that havent been in the playoffs for 13 or 14 years there in their first season. Nor do they win 67 games in a season. Congratulations to avery johnson and the mavs. And Go Warriors!
    Congratulations to the Mavs for what? Choking in the first round?

Really one of the worst posts about basketball?

I guess I shouldn't have said that Don Nelson is terrible, but I really don't think he's very good. Don Nelson has a lot of wins in a very long career, but he's done nothing in the playoffs (45&#37 with some pretty talented teams. "Ok on offense...ummm just do whatever you want" doesn't get you far in the playoffs.

I guess all I really know about Avery Johnson is what I saw this series, and he was terrible in this series, no way getting around that.

I'm not bitter toward the Warriors.

Dallas may have had good defensive numbers during the season, again I haven't watched them much this year. But did you watch this series? Their defense was horrible. The Warriors had a lot of lay-ups and dunks. There was usually no weak side help when the guy guarding the ball got beat off the dribble.

I did give the Warriors credit when I said this:
    GS played out of their minds again, it's an amazing win for them.
    Did you not read all of my terrible post? I just don't think you can keep counting on Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson to shoot as well as they did for an extended play off run.

During the season Davis shot 30% from the 3pt line, that's bad, so bad he shouldn't even be taking 3's. During that series he shot 45% (including 3-10 in the last game, that's more like it). Did he suddenly learn how to shoot in the days between the end of the season and the series against Dallas? Probably not. He had an incredibly hot series, I don't see him keeping that up, I just don't.

Stephen Jackson hit a lot of open 3's. He's not a good shooter either, but he'll probably continue to knock down 37-40% of open shots, that wouldn't be shocking. But there was no reason that Jackson should have been open so often. The Mavs weren't keeping Davis or anyone else from getting all the way to the basket, so why were there open shooters on the outside? Because Dallas was playing lazy defense. That's what I saw. So credit to the Warriors, because even when you're getting open shots you still have to knock them down and they did.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 05-04-2007 at 02:45 AM.

Turn Off Ads?