Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs?

Re: NBA Playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I wouldn't call Nelly a terrible coach, nor would I say the same about Avery, who is still learning on the job.

Golden State isn't playing out of their minds, they're playing to the best of their ability. They exploited every matchup they could in the series, credit that to Nelly. They play sound defense considering they're a running team.

And as far as the Jackson/Davis thing, it gets out of hand, but emotions run high, I would probably react similarly when I had my adrenaline going.
    They averaged 11.5 3's a game for that series. Somebody get a hand up or something.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Congrats to the Warriors. That 3rd quarter was amazing. Don Nelson figured out the perfect game plan to torpedo the Mavs in this series.

Look for 80 bazillion columns to be written about how Dirk doesn't deserve the MVP.

It will be interesting to see how far Golden State goes. What's the prognosis for Davis' hammy?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Yay Warriors! I have followed them ever since they drafted JayRich from MSU. (always root for former spartans even rotten zach randolph). It was a huge upset but then Golden State did get hot at the end and for most of the season either Baron or Richardson were hurt, it wasn't until the end when they were both healthy and they had Jackson. They are definitely not your normal 8 seed team.

I do feel bad for dirk, he's a good guy just didn't come up big when it mattered. Still an amazing player.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    They averaged 11.5 3's a game for that series. Somebody get a hand up or something.
    They averaged 8.5 for the season. I wouldn't call jacking up a few more and making a few more a game "playing out of their minds."

What a disappointing series for the Mavs! The Warriors played lights out though. It would be a very entertaining series should they meet up with the Suns in the West Finals.

Yay Warriors! I have followed them ever since they drafted JayRich from MSU
    I know Warrior fans that have been holding out for 30 years now, I remember the Chris Washburn years and earlier. Needless to say my friends are on cloud nine today.

I can't help but cheer for the Warriors, especially with that crowd last night! It's nice to see a new team win some games in the playoff mix... great game

also, even greater that they let Azubuike come in the last minute or so and score

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

There's a long but good column at SI.com about the current state of the NBA playoffs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...riors/?cnn=yes

Here's a taste:

Playoffs wide open -- finally! -- after Warriors' upset
    Posted: Friday May 4, 2007 11:55AM; Updated: Friday May 4, 2007 2:11PM

Baron Davis will always be remembered from his gutsy play in the Warriors' series-clinching victory over the Mavericks.

John McDonough/SI

This is one of the best things ever to happen in the NBA.

Before the Warriors destroyed Dallas, the NBA was the most hopeless league in pro sports. The numbers said so. Ever since Magic Johnson and Larry Bird revolutionized pro basketball in 1979-80, a cabal of eight stars -- Magic, Bird, Moses Malone, Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal and Tim Duncan -- have claimed 26 of the 27 championships. If you weren't on their team (or a member of the anomalous 2003-04 Detroit Pistons), then you had no hope of winning the title.
    /r/reds

Before the Warriors destroyed Dallas, the NBA was the most hopeless league in pro sports. The numbers said so. Ever since Magic Johnson and Larry Bird revolutionized pro basketball in 1979-80, a cabal of eight stars -- Magic, Bird, Moses Malone, Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal and Tim Duncan -- have claimed 26 of the 27 championships. If you weren't on their team (or a member of the anomalous 2003-04 Detroit Pistons), then you had no hope of winning the title.

Good thing there's a salary cap in that league or just a few teams would just be winning the title.
    Last edited by Chip R; 05-04-2007 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I can't help but cheer for the Warriors, especially with that crowd last night! It's nice to see a new team win some games in the playoff mix... great game

also, even greater that they let Azubuike come in the last minute or so and score
    Excellent point on crowd and KA !

Uhhhhhhh... pardon me... aren't Shaq and Tim Duncan's teams still in the playoffs???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Shaq Fu is OUT

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Shaq Fu is OUT
    Shhhhh... I'm in denial about that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

As much as I don't like the Pistons I think they'll be there again. I'm hoping for the Bulls though. And I think it's going to be Timmy's Spurs against the Pistons and I hope the Spurs win it again. Although I wouldn't mind too much if the Suns got there instead.

That Spurs - Suns game was fun to watch. I hope the whole series is that close. That was great watching Nash carry the Suns even with blood streaming down his face.

I know the MVP is for the regular season, but in all honesty Dirk shouldn't even be considered, it should go to Nash again.

Turn Off Ads?