Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs?

Re: NBA Playoffs?

Utah beat Golden State in Game One 116-112. As an old Jazz fan from the days of John Stockton and Karl Malone, I'm glad to see Utah back in the mix with an up-and-coming team. They got past Houston in a very tough and hard fought series, and hopefully they'll get past Golden State.

It's interesting to see what Jerry Sloan has done with the Jazz too. When I watch Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer play, I see a little bit of John Stockton and Karl Malone again. Williams has the chance to be an NBA superstar, and Boozer's an absolute horse down in the paint, especially on the glass.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Utah beat Golden State in Game One 116-112. As an old Jazz fan from the days of John Stockton and Karl Malone, I'm glad to see Utah back in the mix with an up-and-coming team. They got past Houston in a very tough and hard fought series, and hopefully they'll get past Golden State.

It's interesting to see what Jerry Sloan has done with the Jazz too. When I watch Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer play, I see a little bit of John Stockton and Karl Malone again. Williams has the chance to be an NBA superstar, and Boozer's an absolute horse down in the paint, especially on the glass.
    When Williams came out of Illinois I didn't think he'd be that great of a pro player, but he has surprised me. And I agree about him and Boozer looking a little like Stockton and Malone. Boozer is such a smart post player, he does a great job of getting himself in a position to receive the ball with the defensive man on his hip. And yes, he is a monster on the boards.

I think both teams played about as well as they could on offense last night, I suppose we'll see which team keeps it up.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 05-08-2007 at 03:06 PM.

I lived in Utah for a few years and am a big Jazz fan. Last nights game was one of the most entertaining NBA games I've watched in a while. High tempo, back and forth, very exciting. And of course the good guys won.

LeBron James is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    LeBron James is good.
    Word.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Steve Nash isn't terrible.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Steve Nash isn't terrible.
    Not to take anything away from Nash, because he deserves most of the credit for his team's performance. But the Spurs have had many second games of back-to-back games this season where they looked like they couldn't win against anyone. Last night was one of those games. In the playoffs, having 1 off-day between games is as bad as a back-to-back.

I predict they'll look much better with more rest and at home in Game 3.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Not to take anything away from Nash, because he deserves most of the credit for his team's performance. But the Spurs have had many second games of back-to-back games this season where they looked like they couldn't win against anyone. Last night was one of those games. In the playoffs, having 1 off-day between games is as bad as a back-to-back.

I predict they'll look much better with more rest and at home in Game 3.
    I agree, aside from the Pacers I root for the Spurs more than any other team. They did look tired and the younger Suns who were also at home looked fresh. I think the Spurs did what they needed to do to get this series, they now have the home court advantage, and I think that 6th game in San Antonio is going to be a huge game. I think it's going to be an elimination game for the Suns and if the Spurs don't put them away there, it's going to be tough for them to go back to Phoenix and get it done.

Did anyone see the collision that sent Dee Brown to the hospital in a neck restraint? I'm sure most of us missed it because of the Reds game. I hope he's ok. As far as the game goes, that hurts the Jazz he played well in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Did anyone see the collision that sent Dee Brown to the hospital in a neck restraint? I'm sure most of us missed it because of the Reds game. I hope he's ok. As far as the game goes, that hurts the Jazz he played well in the first game.
    The storylines in Game 2 were incredible. Fisher missed Game 1 to be with his family and daughter (hopefully his daughter will be ok) and was presumably going to miss Game 2. That forces Dee Brown into action who filled in very well, but then Brown goes down in that nasty collision. Hopefully Brown's ok too, but when he went down the Jazz really didn't have any backup point guard for Deron Williams and were forced to go with AK to run the offense for a bit.

But then Fisher flies back into Salt Lake City and arrives in the arena during the third quarter, enters the game, makes a few nice defensive plays, and then hits a monster three pointer in overtime to help the Jazz win. That's just absolutely incredible, and though Utah leads the series 2-0, it's been one heck of a series so far.

The Jazz fan in me hopes Utah can get a split in Golden State and give themselves a chance to win the series at home in Game 5, but it's going to be tough. They're dominating on the glass, but they can't turn the ball over in Golden State like they did in Game 2 or the Warriors will be running wild. As the series wears down, I'm looking for Boozer to just start wearing Golden State down inside and dominating even more. If Utah can start wearing the Warriors down even more inside, then they'll be in nice shape for the rest of the series.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

I've been waiting a long time for Phoenix to realize what a contribution Kurt Thomas could make.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    The storylines in Game 2 were incredible. Fisher missed Game 1 to be with his family and daughter (hopefully his daughter will be ok) and was presumably going to miss Game 2. That forces Dee Brown into action who filled in very well, but then Brown goes down in that nasty collision. Hopefully Brown's ok too, but when he went down the Jazz really didn't have any backup point guard for Deron Williams and were forced to go with AK to run the offense for a bit.

But then Fisher flies back into Salt Lake City and arrives in the arena during the third quarter, enters the game, makes a few nice defensive plays, and then hits a monster three pointer in overtime to help the Jazz win. That's just absolutely incredible, and though Utah leads the series 2-0, it's been one heck of a series so far.

The Jazz fan in me hopes Utah can get a split in Golden State and give themselves a chance to win the series at home in Game 5, but it's going to be tough. They're dominating on the glass, but they can't turn the ball over in Golden State like they did in Game 2 or the Warriors will be running wild. As the series wears down, I'm looking for Boozer to just start wearing Golden State down inside and dominating even more. If Utah can start wearing the Warriors down even more inside, then they'll be in nice shape for the rest of the series.

Totally crazy game. When Fisher came in I felt like I was watching the WWF. He's in street clothes "somewhere in the bowels" of buidling, comes out in uniform to a giant ovation and then comes right into the game. All he had to do was hit Baron Davis with a chair while the ref wasn't looking and it would have been the greatest moment in sports history.

I watched most of that Bulls - Pistons game tonight. I really like Kirk Hinrich's game, but for most of that game he looked scared to shoot the ball. He passed up a lot of open shots and gave the ball to guys who were in a worse position to shoot than he was. Even some of the shots he took he looked very hesitant.

I didn't think the Bulls had much of a chance against the Pistons anyway, but Kirk's got to play with some confidence. He's one of the best shooters in the NBA and he's scared to take shots. That's not good.

I was hoping the Bulls would at least go to the finals. I LOVE their young team.. looks like a sweep

Pistons all the way. You can't stop C-Webb.

Turn Off Ads?