Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: NBA Playoffs?

Didn't look like the Suns were missing Amare and Diaw while I was watching. I should have stayed around for the end.

Game 6 will be interesting.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 05-17-2007 at 09:30 AM.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

I watched the game after the Reds game ended. One thing that I noticed was that the Suns got away with an obscene number of moving screens. It was a great game plan by D'Antoni to beat the crap out of Bowen, but they could have been called for a moving screen nearly every time.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Bump.

Tim's The Man.

Go Spurs.

I was able to get tickets to the Spurs-Jazz game today.

Should be a good series. The teams split the regular season meetings, with each winning its 2 home games.
    /r/reds

Spurs-Jazz had a good outcome, but was a disappointment from an intensity standpoint. The Spurs had double-digit leads for most of the game starting in the 2nd quarter and were leading in FG% 60%-32% at halftime. Maybe the diehard fans knew better than I did, because this was the first playoff game in the AT&T Center that was not a sellout in the 4-year history of the place. I didn't feel like the crowd was much of a factor at all.

I had read speculation that Robert Horry would retire after this season and I believe it after seeing him in person. His experience put him in the right place for open shots and rebounds, but it was easy to see that he was being outhustled by the younger guys on the floor. He just looked tired, which was odd since he hadn't played in almost a week.

Ginobili looked unstoppable with the 3-pointers he was hitting.

I like the Spurs chances in this series.
    /r/reds

Keep going whenever you can. You're watching a legend in his prime.

Russell, Kareem and Wilt are going to have to make some room soon for a fourth at the all-time big guy table.

#21.

Spurs v. Detroit

I was very disappointed in Utah's game yesterday.

That Spurs-Suns series was about as intense as the NBA gets. And then for Utah to come out yesterday and lay a big fat egg, well, that was a dishonor to how the Suns played. Deron Williams was about the only guy that showed up.

Unless Utah gets it butt in gear pronto, I'm afraid TeamSelig is right, Spurs/Pistons again.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Worth The Wait

The Cavs are going to win one of the first two in Detroit, then people will start to focus on that series.

I think it will be Pistons in 5 or 6, but then again I thought the Cavs would lose to the Nets, so what do I know?

If the Spurs and Jazz series goes to 5 games, I'll be back. Mrs. U's employer has a suite at the AT&T Center. She was offered a pair of sweet suite tickets for Game 5. If the series ends in 4 games, she'll get the same deal for Game 1 of the Finals!

Looks like Game 2 won't be a sellout either. Spurs officials are scratching their heads. Maybe the people who swore off the team after Horry's hip check of Steve Nash are staying home? Maybe $54 is too much to pay for seats in the upper level?

Looks like Cleveland will need to make some adjustments for their Game 2. That Pistons' double-team of LeBron is making him as much of a non-factor as Nowitzki was in the first round.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 05-22-2007 at 09:23 PM.
    /r/reds

I really don't like the Pistons so I may be slightly biased, but I think the Cavs got hosed at the end of game 2. I really believe that was an offensive foul on Sheed. I could see the foul/non-foul on Lebron at the end of the game going either way.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Worth The Wait

Razor-- Agree on the foul/no-foul on Lebron. That's a tough one to call.

But the Rasheed play was a BLATANT offensive foul. Varejao had great position and Sheed was frustrated and threw a major chicken wing. Terrible non call.

However, Sheed is one heck of a player, he really is. As a Cavs fan and a Pistons hater, I can tell you he is one of the most frustrating players I've ever rooted against. The guy is money.

Wow the refs in that Jazz/Spurs game were awful. I am very hard on officials anyways and am definately rooting for the Jazz in this one but that was too much to take. Ginobli flops. Everybody knows this. He is a dirty player and will continue to be because refs like the ones in Game 4 allow him to pull that crap. And instead of just getting the game under control they start giving Ts to players on the home team which does nothing but get the crowd even more rowdy and you end up with that result. Awful. They should not be allowed to do anymore playoff games.

Ginobli did what every NBA superstar does in the 4th quarter... Drive the middle, throw himself into the defensive players, flop like he got hit by a baseball bat, and get the free throws for it. Dwayne Wade and the Heat won a championship that way last year. I think it's bunk, but that's how they call the games.

Till these playoffs, I had no idea Deron Williams was so good.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?