Thread: Tuesday 4-24 minor league updates

Re: Tuesday 4-24 minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Any info on Webb yet?
    What are you looking for?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I give Dan O'Brien a lot of credit for some of his draft picks, but man was B.J. Szymanski ever a total punt of a 2nd round pick.

Though, looking back, the 2004 draft in general was fairly forgettable for Cincinnati after Bailey in Round #1.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 04-25-2007 at 12:28 AM.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I give Dan O'Brien a lot of credit for some of his draft picks, but man was B.J. Szymanski ever a total punt of a 2nd round pick.

Though, looking back, the 2004 draft in general was fairly forgettable for Cincinnati after Bailey in Round #1.
    I have faith in Janish, Gonzalez, Tatum, Strait and Anderson.

After Szymanski though there isnt a ton of talent from the second round there. Pedroia, Suzuki and if you want to count Jason Vargas and his 5.25 MLB ERA then sure.... but a lot of teams seemed to miss in the 2004 2nd round.

Was Webb coming off an injury? I noticed last nights scorecard book mentioned that it was just his 2nd start (he went 2.2 the first time out) If that is the case, then my observations make a little more sense. I got there a little bit late, and didn't really get to pay much attention until around the 3rd inning, but was surprised to see Ward w/ 8k. Both runs that he gave up in the 4th came after a bone-headed move by the second basemen that left the bases loaded w/ 2 outs. Still he didn't seem to be fooling too many in the last 2 innings (must have had a strikeout or 3 in there to get up to 8 total.)

Francisco looked real solid at the plate. Valiakia does not look like a future SS. He didn't get a bunch of chances, but he didn't appear to show much range, and when given the opportunity to make what would have been a spectacular play 3 or 4 times, he never came close.

I believe there was another reliever in there b/w Germono & the closer. A left hander - #10 I believe. His stats didn't look very good according to the book, but his curve must have been working that night. I was in the outfield, so I didn't have the best look, but he made 2 different kids knees buckle on about 4 different breaking balls.

Something I've never seen, but when the Dragons scored 4 runs, they were aided by 2 straight catcher interference calls. Stubbs looked smooth in the outfield, but wasn't really tested. Didn't do much at the plate.

Anyways, I hope I got all the names spelled right. There's my observations from my first Dragons game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Was Webb coming off an injury? I noticed last nights scorecard book mentioned that it was just his 2nd start (he went 2.2 the first time out)....
    Webb began the season in the bullpen and was moved to the rotation after Jamie Arneson went on the DL. He got fewer pitches in his first start since he was coming to the role out of the bullpen. I was at the game last night I had him in my book with 78 (guesstimate). So I would think his next time out he should be right up there with the other starters as far as pitch count goes.

thanks.

Still trying to talk Lecure into some control. Come on, breakout guy. A 2.00 WHIP is going to catch up with you at some point...

Turn Off Ads?