Tonight's game so many frustrating things come to an end, you almost have to consider it a new beginning. So many things, you have to list them:
1. Gonzo finally showed some power, but we also saw his fielding powress.
2. EdE got a hit on the road.
3. Griffey got his first HR.
4. David Ross got two hits and looked much better at the plate.
5. Scott Hatteberg looked like the 2006 version.
6. The team got 17 hits and 10 runs--more than the whole Philies series
7. Timely hitting all around.
Of course, on the other hand, we saw some things that are still aggravating:
1. Dunn's slump continues.
2. Phillips continues to be a horrible 2-hole hitter (though he went 2-6).
3. The bullpen is still very hittable (I know, everyone knew that).
4. Todd Coffey continues to be the most confusing player here, throwing
10 pitches--9 of them for stikes and still allowed three straight hits,
then throws tr=hree almost perfect pitches to get out of it.
Just goes to show you with good pitching and not having efveryone in a slump, you can win with this bunch. May the force continue.
But is this the beginning of the bats waking up and the team playing well??