Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Most moves....

Most moves....

Most moves in my league is 32. What about yours?

(I'm at 11)

Made a few moves at first, got my team how I want it. Been sitting back and waiting for a player here and there to get out of their slump so I can hopefully get up to 1st again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Most moves....

I have 39 transactions thus far, largely because I have a few guys on the DL, and I enjoy using a shuttle roster from the ww for a boost on the pitching staff, it currently has me in the lead

I usually end up among the most active managers in all my leagues. I usually spend the last 3-4 rounds of the draft picking up longshots, most of which don't pan out. But you can always find replacement talent on the waiver wire.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I have one that beats all. One of the guys in our league has make 216 moves. This is a Yahoo league (5x5) & the line-up is set every day. He spent all his early draft picks on offense. Everyday he picks up 3-5 pitchers that are to start that day & release yesterday's pitchers. I quess, he figures to get points in the offensive side & pitching K's. His record is 25-23-2. I have never seen any thing like it. I currently have 21 moves.

Quote Originally Posted by chettt View Post
    I have one that beats all. One of the guys in our league has make 216 moves. This is a Yahoo league (5x5) & the line-up is set every day. He spent all his early draft picks on offense. Everyday he picks up 3-5 pitchers that are to start that day & release yesterday's pitchers. I quess, he figures to get points in the offensive side & pitching K's. His record is 25-23-2. I have never seen any thing like it. I currently have 21 moves.
    That's one of the reasons I'm a big fan of limited innings.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Everyday he picks up 3-5 pitchers that are to start that day & release yesterday's pitchers. I quess, he figures to get points in the offensive side & pitching K's.
    If you want to pick up the Jason Hirsh's of the world everyday, be my guest.

We charge $2 per transaction if you go over 2 in a week, and we have on guy that cycles through pitchers like that.

He's paid a crapload in transaction fees, isn't anywhere near the top of the league in scoring, and quite frequently puts up negative point outings from his pitchers.

Have at it, pal. Start every 5th starter in the league- they are free agents for a reason.

Ours is a head to head points league with the absolute best scoring system I've ever used (if you're interested, PM me or I'll post it here- it is the most true reflection of value I've ever seen.)

I'm tied for the lead with 18. However we cap it at 80 a season with a cap of 40 for each half of the season.

Too many moves can hurt your team too IMO. I am usually pretty active, but neverl ead the league because I get my team set pretty early on and then adjust from there.

I've had to make more moves than I normally would have due to injuries. We have two DL spots and are both are taken so I've had to juggle my bench spots for guys that are injured but not on the DL.

I have the lead in my league with 31 moves. I have only two players left (Carlos Delgado and Chase Utley) from the draft (which I was unable to attend).

Most moves is 21 - and he is in 1st place... But is on pace to burn out his innings by the ASB. WOW!

Least moves is 0. and he is near the bottom of the league.

I my self - Have 9 moves..
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Most moves in my main league is 49.

I'm sitting at 33 transactions in it and am in 3rd place. My teams been hampered by injuries to key players all year.

Most moves in my league is 34. He's in 3rd place.

Tops in my league is 56. He also does the 4 pitching moves a day because we have a points league. He's currently in 1st place which really irritates me because at the beginning of the season I pushed to have a cap on the number of moves because people pulled this last year with the same guys in our league. I have 17 moves and me and the first place guy have been alternating back and forth all season (and I have BJ Ryan and Pedro on the DL). Basically he didn't draft well and I did so he has to make up for it (kind of takes the skill out of it IMO). But I do feel better that I spend 5 minutes a day setting my lineup and I know he spends at least an hour a day.

Turn Off Ads?