Thread: Travis Wood put on DL

Travis Wood put on DL

Effective yesteday. Doesn't say why
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Travis Wood put on DL

Most likely because of tricep tendanitis he missed a start earlier from. Bad elbow.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I really hope this is nothing. Lets pray it's nothing. Bad elbows are bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I really hope this is nothing. Lets pray it's nothing. Bad elbows are bad news.
    Better than a bad shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Better than a bad shoulder.
    Let's hope a doctor other than Krimcheck diagnoised him with tendonitits..
    With Doc Hollywood, that diagnoisis could mean a career ending injury.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Crap.

Young pitching prospects + DL = done

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Crap.

Young pitching prospects + DL = done
    Oh, good lord. Why don't you wait to find out what it actually is before you start in?

Sure hope it's nothing serious.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

From what I have been told, it is nothing more than a muscle problem and it feels fine right now. He just gets to do a little muscle rehab to try and get it back to full health.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    From what I have been told, it is nothing more than a muscle problem and it feels fine right now. He just gets to do a little muscle rehab to try and get it back to full health.
    This is what I've been told also.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Oh, good lord. Why don't you wait to find out what it actually is before you start in?
    Calm down, jeez. Just saying, young pitchers going on the DL is never a good thing. Gave me flashbacks of Gruler & Howington. No need to be a grouchy about it.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Calm down, jeez. Just saying, young pitchers going on the DL is never a good thing. Gave me flashbacks of Gruler & Howington. No need to be a grouchy about it.
    No problem, just making a point to the posters on the board in general. Not trying to pick on you specifically, sorry.

It's cool, probably shouldn't have posted that anyway. I just hate seeing pitchers get injured and it never fails to happen (so it seems).

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The way you made the first post was horrible. You implied that if a young pitcher goes on the DL he will never pitch again.... not sure what kind of response you expected from that kind of post.

Sorry, I didn't exactly explain what I wrote. Someone said something about a 'bad elbow'... it sounded pretty serious. Hopefully he is fine.

Aside from that... does anyone actually know a % of pitchers that go on the DL in the minors compared to them making the big leagues or their DL history once they make it?

Turn Off Ads?