Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saarloos should go to L'ville

Saarloos should go to L'ville

If that's not already in the works, it should be...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saarloos to L'ville

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    If that's not already in the works, it should be...
    I disagree. The guy has never been a short reliever. He has no experience in that role and doesn't belong in it. Use him in longer middle inning stints. Or as fifth starter.

Also, tonight, he wasn't helped by the bloop that fell into right field. I thought that ball was catchable. The walk was bad, but getting hit by Pujois is not that unusual.

The Reds need some true late inning relievers. Put guys like Saarloos in their natural roles. That will help the pen.

No. Saarloos to the rotation, where he should be in the first place.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Re: Saarloos should go to L'ville

Thread title edited. "Saarloos to L'ville" suggests something different.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The real thing we should talk about is why in the world Bronson was taken out after only 96 pitches. He was cruising along.

Saarloos is not to blame here!! The person you should blame is Jerry Narron.He took out Arroyo out with just 90 pitches and people that is nonsense.These pitchers are pros that can throw up to 120 pitches.These managers like Narron who watches the pitch count needs to wake up and realise that these pitchers can throw more than 90 pitches.Thats just rediculious!!:thumbdown
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

HawaiianRedsFan

Re: Saarloos should go to L'ville

Ok, this is my first post. But it will be one of stunning greatness.

As a Reds fan of over 30 years, I would like to state one thing. I am so sick and tired of the Reds bullpen blowing leads. Saarloos, Coffee, whomever. Get some relief help and the Reds will do well.

But then again, the Josh hamilton signing was AWESOME!

Aloha from a bitter old reds fan in hawaii..

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Saarloos is not to blame here!! The person you should blame is Jerry Narron.He took out Arroyo out with just 90 pitches and people that is nonsense.These pitchers are pros that can throw up to 120 pitches.These managers like Narron who watches the pitch count needs to wake up and realise that these pitchers can throw more than 90 pitches.Thats just rediculious!!:thumbdown
    Yeah, because Narron is the one that throws the ball!

HawaiianRedsFan

PacMan, I complete agree. Narron did mess up. And unfortunately when he takes Arroyo out of the game he puts in our stellar bullpen.

You know somedays, I miss Randy Myers! And Danny what's his name.

Especially when has just seen this recently and knows that his bullpen is suspect.

Yeah, because Narron is the one that throws the ball!

Narron is the one that makes the calls and everybody in their right mind knows that Arroyo could have pitched atleast another two innings.It was his mistake also to bring in Saarloos in a close game like that.I would atleast brung in a vetern pitcher.

Narron is the one that makes the calls and everybody in their right mind knows that Arroyo could have pitched atleast another two innings.It was his mistake also to bring in Saarloos in a close game like that.I would atleast brung in a vetern pitcher.
    While I agree to an extent that Narron should be to blame and that it was a bad call, that does not excuse the fact that a major league reliever gives up 4 runs. Narron can't pitch for the team too.

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    No. Saarloos to the rotation, where he should be in the first place.
    definitely not. Saarloos is simply a below average pitcher no matter the role. Always has been and always will be.

Yeah, he leaves Arroyo in the game and he ends up giving up runs and the same people would be here b!tching because he left him in too long.

While I agree to an extent that Narron should be to blame and that it was a bad call, that does not excuse the fact that a major league reliever gives up 4 runs. Narron can't pitch for the team too.
    Saarloos is more of a mid relief pitcher like for the 4th to 7th inings.pitching in the 8th with the score tied isn't really his role BUT I could be wrong.

Turn Off Ads?