Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of hearing Narron take the blame...

Tired of hearing Narron take the blame...

i just want to say, im getting sick of reading how everything is jerry narron's fault. i'll be the first one to admit that he doesn't always do exactly what i would've, but what in the world do you do with the bullpen he has? he only has the options that are out there, and there isn't one guy in that bullpen I would have faith in. When David Weathers is your best reliever, its almost impossible to pull the right strings to where the game isn't blown. All i'm trying to say is, it's hard to blame a guy that doesn't have any quality options, ill be honest, i don't know what i would do.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Tired of hearing Narron take the blame...

He's not going to call out players on the air....as any coach/manager won't.

I just hope behind closed doors he's doing something about it, but I have my doubts....he's just not a fire in the belly kind of manager.

Wayne and Jerry brought this bullpen North.

Who ya gonna blame?

well jerry isn't in charge of the offseason moves, as unbelievable as it may seem, maybe those are the best guys for those spots.

Its easy to blame Narron just like its easy to blame Dunn and Griffey.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Its easy to blame Narron just like its easy to blame Dunn and Griffey.
    Well said.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

After those three, who else is there? Really.

Someone's at fault for the failures. It has to be either the players or the management. Which is it? If it's the management, it's Narron's and Krivsky's fault (not a popular position in this thread). If not it must be the players and there's a lot of blame to go around, right?

Truth is, it's both.

Fire them all...
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    well jerry isn't in charge of the offseason moves, as unbelievable as it may seem, maybe those are the best guys for those spots.
    Narron has input on who makes the 25 man roster.

The Reds did not bring the best 25 players North.

The guys in the pen are what they are. They can't help it.

Whom should have gone north Salmon then the first time he blows a game then whos next look across the MLB the Reds are not the only team with pitching problems and WK has not even had two years it will take time

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    im getting sick of reading how everything is jerry narron's fault.
    Winning would cure that.

After tonight I will have to admit that I don't have a clue. We have experienced the writer's, announcer's, and Narron's explanations. Explanations aren't positive results.

The much wiser people on the board will have to explain it, I don't have a clue.

I agree that there is enough blame for everyone. WK put together a terrible pen and many of us stated so before the season. Santos has been a pleasant surprise. Getting guys like him for free who come in and do well for a year or two when nothing suggests that they will is not that uncommon, so that really isn't a huge feather in his cap.

The moves to bring in Cormier, Weathers, Stanton and Saarloos were calculated and questionable. WK gets all the blame there IMO. He should have pooled his resources (those 4 guys make about $9 Million) and got a quality guy somehow.

This is one area that the Reds at least have alternatives to try out. Salmon should be up, Bray and Burton should be back soon, and a number of minor league pitchers (starters and relievers) might be worth a shot at some point. I think Pelland could be a good reliever with some stuff. Same for Lecure. Medlock is dominating at AA and plenty of journeymen like Shearn, Gosling etc. to come up and mop up if the team comes up short on bodies. Its time to start making room and the team should start by shopping Cormier and Saarloos.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-26-2007 at 07:27 AM.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

It does sound childish for the same people to constantly blame Narron for every loss...but we live in a society that sues others over many unfortunate incidents. Redszone just is a reflection of the mindset of many.

Tie game in 8th, pitcher's spot due up first and Arroyo at 96 pitches for the game. To go with Freel to lead off the innings wasn't a terrible idea or some wild-hair decision. I'd say many MLB managers would have cut their losses and gone for the win right there.

If you don't go with Sarloos, then whom...the Cards where coming up with a ton of righties and only 1 lefty in the bottom of the 8th. So going with RH pitcher sounded correct. If not Sarloos, then Coffey (been used much the past week and is also struggling), Santos..possibly, Weathers...closer, etc..

The problem is the meat of our order...Griff, Dunn and EE aren't getting it done consistently. Then you throw in Phillips who is bouncing in and out of middle of lineup also isn't getting it done. Those guys simply must produce. If they don't pick it up quite a bit, we'll continue to score 1 run off the likes of Bradon Looper. Narron can only squeeze so much lemonade out of guys hitting like lemons.

It isn't like Narron is the genius ala Torre who can plug a lineup of Jeter, ARod, Giambi, Canu, Posado, Matsui, Damon, etc...every night. Sometimes a team can make a manager look brilliant when he has not a whole lot to do with it surely.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

If Narron leaves Arroyo in and he gives up a run, he's an idiot.

If Narron takes Arroyo out, pinch hits Freel, goes for the win, he's an idiot.

All this Narron bashing is very tiresome to me.

If you change managers, this team does not improve one single bit. Not at all.

"I was fine," said Arroyo, who threw 96 pitches. "[Pitching coach Dick Pole] came down pretty quick and said 'Good game.' I assumed Jerry had his mind made up and was going to go and hit for me. He didn't even ask me how I was feeling."

Yeah, but when Jerry takes Arroyo out without even talking to him, that makes him an incompetant manager.
    Just from that quote you can tell that Bronson would have liked to discuss it with Narron, but Narron basically ignored him.

Let's have a little perspective here.

It's April 26. The Reds are 10-11. Did anyone truly expect this team to start off the season like a house afire?

Some things have gone right, some things have gone wrong, and some things have gone meh. There are 141 more games to play. Hardly time to start talking about firing people.

I'd like the team to have everything all sorted out, but I'd like there to be world peace and free beer for everyone too.

Give it time.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?