Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Griffey on steroids (From another Message Board)

Senor Votto

Griffey on steroids (From another Message Board)

I saw this on another message board and thought I'd share it with everyone else.

OK people I know a lot of you gonna go off the deep end becau you worship the gound Griffey trots on but I been doing a little digging this morning on medical sites and Im convinced Griffey is either currently on steroids or has been heavy user in the past. First off, dont give me crap about how he not all muscular becau plenty of steroid users dont get all overly muscular.

From what I can tell steroid users start having weakend bones after years of use, which would help explain Griffey fragile bones to the point he cant even play with his daughter without breaking a bone not to mention his numerous other bone issues. Steroid use over time also stiffens and weakens tendons and ligaments which would explain some of Griffeys other injuries as well. But heres the kicker: steroid users have big time increased risk of getting diverticulitis, especially among younger considering generally older people the ones who get this condition. Pleurisy a condition which is big time rare in helathy 30 something year old except for people who have weakened immune systemm and sterodis very well known to destroy immune system over time and can lead to respiratory issues.

If you look at Griffeys medical/unjury history its pretty consistent with symotoms from designer steroids. There all sorts of steroids out there that have different effects on different people and Griffey the poster child for some of these. I doubt he still taking them since symptoms usuallyu occur down the road from when they were taken so he probvably took them in the 90s and early 2000s and thats when he startted deterioarating physically skillwise was in early 2000s. Steroids have been catching up with him and it time for him to pay the piper. Steroids also end up creating longterm mood swings and irritability which could explain his jeckyll/hyde personality as well. Man oh man, this is ashamed if he on steroids and I think there quite a bit pointing to him using steroids at least in the past if not even currently.
    This has got to be the dumbest man on the face of the world.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Griffey on steroids (From another Message Board)

I bet you money that guy is a regular banana phone caller.
    Go Gators!

Ah, esaskywhirl strikes again. He's always good for a laugh.

Senor Votto

Heres the link just in case you want to see the responses:

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/messa...lkRedsbaseball

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

whether any of that is valid or not I have no idea, but until I see it written using something close to proper grammar, I'm not going to waste any more time on it
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That definitely sounds like his work.

Seriously though, that board is a complete joke. There are a few on there who are good and knowledgable posters, but the garbage of esaskywhirl and a few others drowns them out. I used to post on there last year but ever since I found RedsZone I've never been back.
    Last edited by jimbo; 04-29-2007 at 07:47 PM.

I beleeve that poster has a weekend mental staitus...

I am suddenly reminded why I left cincy.com in 2001.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I was at all three games in Pittsburgh this weekend. A lot of the Pirates fans sitting around me noticed that I was a Reds fan, and they would ask me about the team. (I also talked with them about the Bucs.) Some of them (mostly middle-aged men) would ask me, "Where's Griffey? Why isn't he playing?" I could tell they were waiting to hear about some injury so that they could get in a few good-natured jabs at me, "Ha, injured again!" or something like that. When I told them that he has diverticulitis, they just said, "Oh...", and seemed kind of depressed. Middle-aged men don't like to talk about colon problems.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I didn't even have to look to know it was that lunatic. His prose is nothing if not distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    That definitely sounds like his work.

Seriously though, that board is a complete joke. There are a few on there who are good and knowledgable posters, but the garbage of esaskywhirl and a few others drowns them out. I used to post on there last year but ever since I found RedsZone I've never been back.
    Ahhhhhh the good ole days. That guy is definatley a total nut. If you are looking to kill some time, and possibly a few brain cells, give some of his rantings a read.

Jimbo is right. We both came over here around the same time and like him have never been back. When I'm worked up about some issue over here, I just think about the cincinnati.com boards and it all get's better.

Not to brown nose or seem like I'm bashing the noobs around here, but to those who think that the rep system is a "good 'ole boy" system, just have a read of this guy's crap that he continued to post on the cincy.com website.

All I can say is thanks to the admins, the mods, and all the rest of the members who help keep this site a reputable place to post about our fave team.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

Out of curiosity, who do you think are the good posters on that site?

1st of all, this guy needs to learn how to spell!!! Secondly, if I remember correctly, Jr's mother had colon cancer surgery. Thus a history of colon problems in the family. Diverticulitis is one of those conditions that can potentially be inherited. It can also go by the name of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). It is quite possible that he may have inherited the tendencies from his parent(s). So why not lay off the man...he will be back as soon as he can. We all know that he just wants to play ball, but to jeopardize one's health in doing so is just idiotic! By the way, I don't profess to be an authority on IBS, but I am well informed. I have had it for years. It requires paying very close attention to one's diet and it can be as debilitating as it has been portrayed in the media. I do believe that I have some credibility..I have been in the healthcare field for 36 years.

When he does get back, I feel that this team will finally take off!

Stupidity at it's finest.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I am not saying that Griffey has ever taken steriods. Let me repeat, I am not saying that Griffey has ever taken steriods.

We have seen plenty of guys that have been busted for taking them that you'd have never have guessed just by looking at them. I'd not be shocked to find out at some point that has taken them, though if I had to wager, I'd wager that he has not.

GL

Turn Off Ads?