Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carlisle fired

Carlisle fired

Any Pacer fans? Carlisle has been fired. I'm pretty happy about it. He is a good coach, but it just wasn't working out. I'm not sure he is much of a 'rebuilding' type coach.

I kinda hope we grab a former player to coach such as Mark Jackson. I think he'd make a great coach. Or Reggie Miller, but I dunno if he has ever stated he would want to coach or not. Anyone heard any rumors/possibilities?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carlisle fired

Sam Mitchell or Mark Iavaroni are the early rumored candidates. I woud be suprised if Mark Jackson took the job and even more suprised if Reggie Miller took it. I dont think Reggie in particular needs the hassle or the money.

Regardless of who is coach the Pacers have serious player personnel issues they need to address.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Whoever takes this job has his work cut out for him. Stephen Jackson made himself such a P.R. nightmare that they were forced to unload him; as a result they're now saddled with two unproductive players with big long-term deals in Murphy and Dunleavy. They'd love to trade Tinsley but no one wants him and they have no other real options at point guard.

Besides Iavaroni, Mitchell and Jackson, other names I've heard are Pacer assistants Johnny Davis and Chuck Person, Boston assistant Tony Brown, and former Golden State assistant Keith Smart. One intersting longshot: current backup point guard Darrell Armstong, who is highly respected in the locker room and might be poised to become the next Avery Johnson.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Definitely Darrell Armstrong, but he said he will play again next year. NBA has rules about not allowing player coaches. (Charlie Ward tried that)

Stat geek...and proud

I want Iavaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    Whoever takes this job has his work cut out for him. Stephen Jackson made himself such a P.R. nightmare that they were forced to unload him; as a result they're now saddled with two unproductive players with big long-term deals in Murphy and Dunleavy. They'd love to trade Tinsley but no one wants him and they have no other real options at point guard.

Besides Iavaroni, Mitchell and Jackson, other names I've heard are Pacer assistants Johnny Davis and Chuck Person, Boston assistant Tony Brown, and former Golden State assistant Keith Smart. One intersting longshot: current backup point guard Darrell Armstong, who is highly respected in the locker room and might be poised to become the next Avery Johnson.
    I like Dunleavy and Murphy. I think they can thrive in the right system. I don't like Dunleavy's defense though, which is why I think it would be a great reason to get Iavaroni in here. Although for that system we'd need a better point guard than Tinsley. My greatest hope is that we draw in the top ten in the lottery and take Mike Conley Jr. in the draft. I think in a couple years he's going to be a very good point guard in the NBA.

And I wouldn't be opposed to The Rifleman getting the job either.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    My greatest hope is that we draw in the top ten in the lottery and take Mike Conley Jr. in the draft.
    Aren't the odds of the Pacers getting a top ten pick like 1%?? The way it looks now for next years draft we should be in very, very good draft position!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Yes, less than 1% actually. They also lose the pick if its not a top 10 pick.

I think the team needs to trade JO, but only if the team that takes him will take one of Dunleavy, Murphy, or Tinsley.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

We can only move up to a top 3 pick, so that will probably never happen. Makes me mad that all of these 'tanking' teams and we're just horrible and couldn't get in to get our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    We can only move up to a top 3 pick, so that will probably never happen. Makes me mad that all of these 'tanking' teams and we're just horrible and couldn't get in to get our pick.
    Giving up a first round pick for Harrington was stupid. I'm sure at the time they didn't expect the pick to be a lottery pick, but still. I'm not sure why they thought Harrington was going to be better this time around than he was the first time. He went to the Hawks and fired up shots like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Yes, less than 1% actually. They also lose the pick if its not a top 10 pick.

I think the team needs to trade JO, but only if the team that takes him will take one of Dunleavy, Murphy, or Tinsley.
    IMO Dunleavy and Murphy can be good if we have a decent point guard. One who knows his job is to run the offense. Dunleavy and Murphy had Baron Davis in GS and then Tinsley here. I think they can be very good players in the right system.

Larry Bird doesnt know what he is doing and he has basically ruined this team with his moves. It doesnt matter who they get to coach the team because they will be horrible next season.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?