Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hughes, Lincecum or Bailey

Hughes, Lincecum or Bailey

How would you rank em for fantasy purposes just for 2007 (no keeper leagues), factoring that Hughes has arrived and the others haven't.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hughes, Lincecum or Bailey

Hughes
    Lincecum
    Bailey

Hughes is already up. If he weren't, I'd put him at the bottom. Lincecum should be up eventually, but the Giants pitching has done surprisingly well so far and sooner or later, will falter. The Reds pitching will falter or suffer enough injury at some point, but there are players available to call up who have less valuable service time to use.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

This was posted on rototimes.com today:

"Tim Lincecum didn't give up a hit in 6 1/3 innings for Triple-A Fresno Monday, though he did walk six batters and gave up his first run of the year. Lincecum wasn't allowed to continue the no-hit bid due to a high pitch count, according to the Mercury News. In four starts spanning 25 innings this year, Lincecum has a 0.36 ERA while striking out 32 batters. GM Brian Sabean said before Lincecum's start Monday that the right-hander is knocking on the big league door, even though, at the moment, the club has no place for him in the rotation. "If he continues on this path, he's certainly not a minor league pitcher," Sabean said. "At some point, you've got to admit that and make room. He's on his way to forcing the issue."

Here's the link: http://www.rototimes.com/mlb/player.php?tqid=6141

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Lincecum

Hughes
    Bailey.

Lincecum is more ready than either of the other two guys right now (of course being 2 year older surely helps as well). He also will run through the league the first time around with a delivery they have never seen before, mixed with a 97 MPH fastball and a plus curveball. The Giants will call on him, and do it soon.

Hughes isnt quite ready for the big leagues yet and it showed as the only guys he struck out in his debut were guys who were in AAA at the start of the season, while the meat of the line up went 6-8 off of him. He will get more time this year than Bailey though due to the horrible pitching depth that the Yankees have.

Bailey wont see much time really as the Reds have a lot of depth in the starting pitching area between MLB and AAA and they have no need to bring him up unless he is completely ready.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I might even add Yovanni Gallardo of the Brewers ahead of Bailey for the simple reason he could pitch in 2007.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yep. I think Gallardo has a better chance of getting more than 10 starts this season than Homer does in MLB.

I would rank them:

Hughes
    Lincecum
    Gallardo
    Bailey

I only rank Hughes first because he is currently in the majors. Pitching for the Yankees gives him an excellent chance to earn wins because of the run support he will receive.

Lincecum and Gallardo will pitch in the bigs this year, probably soon. Bailey probably won't be called up until August or September.

I actually dropped Lincecum to pick up Hughes yesterday. I need starting pitchers, but my closers and hitters are awesome.

bump
    Go BLUE!!!

Lincecum has been up and down, Hughes is on the DL, Bailey has had control issues, and Gallardo made one impressive start.

I think I'd rank 'em like this right now:

Lincecum
    Gallardo
    Bailey
    Hughes

Of course, if Hughes weren't on the DL it would probably be a different story. Gallardo could jump ahead of Lincecum with a few more convincing outings.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Bailey's first two starts were against two of the best offenses in baseball and he held his own. If not for the MagicMan's Incredible Lead Disappearing act, he might have picked up wins in both starts. Thus I would put #2 due to the smaller sample size compared to Lincecum.

Gallarado made one good start against a struggling Giants team. It was only one start so I need to see more move him past Bailey.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    How would you rank em for fantasy purposes just for 2007 (no keeper leagues), factoring that Hughes has arrived and the others haven't.
    Lincecum, Hughes, Bailey.

Lincecum's at least healthy, so he's got that going for him.

Once Hughes is healthy again, he might dethrone Lincecum.

Bailey should be honored to be in the same argument as those two. He's light years behind both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Lincecum, Hughes, Bailey.

Lincecum's at least healthy, so he's got that going for him.

Once Hughes is healthy again, he might dethrone Lincecum.

Bailey should be honored to be in the same argument as those two. He's light years behind both of them.
    what in the WORLD are you basing this on?????
    Go BLUE!!!

kbitboc

I'm in need pg Ks for my pitching staff. Do you guys think Bailey would be a good strike out guy or should i be looking elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by kbitboc View Post
    I'm in need pg Ks for my pitching staff. Do you guys think Bailey would be a good strike out guy or should i be looking elsewhere?

Until Bailey can get his curveball over consistently, he is not going to have high K #s. He will still be a very good pitcher because people don't seem to be able to square up his fastball, but they will be able to make contact.

Lincecum has be ATROCIOUS his last few starts. His walks are rising and his K's decreasing IIRC.

If you have Lincecum, deal him for whatever you can get now, unless it is a keeper league.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?