Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Location and red's fans

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Location and red's fans

Grew up in Centerville OH, moved to Bloomington for school and now married with kids in cub land. No desire to convert

By the way Centerville elks football rules!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by T7-niner View Post
    I grew up in Martinsville, IN, about 30 minutes south of Indianapolis. My father was a big Reds fan. Growing up we didn't have the money to attend many games and only saw a few on TV. Dad passed away in '95 and the last conversation we had was about the game the two days prior, a 8-0 win over the Dodgers on July 9th.

I'll never be able to cheer for another team...The Reds, to me, are an extension of my childhood and my Dad.
    Were there a bunch of Cards fans up there? Bloomington has loads of them and I can't figure that out- it's twice as far from here as Cincinnati.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Were there a bunch of Cards fans up there? Bloomington has loads of them and I can't figure that out- it's twice as far from here as Cincinnati.
    Man...They were everywhere!

I live in Bloomington too. I moved to Bloomington to attend IU, now I don't want to leave....It's hard to leave Tree City USA.

One of my best friends is a Cardinal fan. I like to tell the that they should be proud...The '06 Cardinals were the worst team in history to win the WS.

Cue WOY to correct me.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by T7-niner View Post
    The '06 Cardinals were the worst team in history to win the WS.
    Hopefully till this year !

Go Reds !!

Born in SW Ohio, lived there from 71-80 always came back home on school breaks, leave from the military etc. Picked my teams as a youngster and am not the type to convert because I live somewhere else.

Ohio is home, Go Reds, Go Bucks!

I was born in Cincy. My family moved to southern KY when I was still pretty young. This was back in the day when there was only one game on TV every week, but a local AM station carried Reds games so when I got old enough to enjoy baseball I could hear every game.

My earliest recollections of baseball are hearing Joe and Marty call games for the Big Red Machine in the early-mid 70s. Honestly, I don't know how ANY kid can grow up during that era, hearing the games on the radio, and NOT be a Reds fan for the rest of his life.

Grew up in Tennessee where there is no major league ball. Inherited the Reds from my dad and his brothers, been making trips to Cincy to watch the Reds since I was little. The rest, they say, is history

I was born in Cincy in '78 moved to Hudson, Ohio in '84 thats between Cleveland and Akron, Ohio in 89 Moved back to Cincy the year of the bad ice storm in October. In '92moved to Chagrin Falls, Ohio thats outside of Cleveland. I was at the opening for Jacobs Field the very first game ever played their my dad took me. In '97 moved to CT for 2 yrs to go to school. The in '99 Moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma in 2001 moved back to Cincy to live with my mom. I have not left Cincy ever since. I have alwaays been a reds fan even when I lived in the Indians territory.

I grew up in Pennsylvania, my dad loved Dodger blue and my brother was a Phillies fan. My favorite color is Red so it was an easy choice to see who I was going to root for.

My father and all of his brothers and sisters were born and raised in Cincy, my brother was born there, my aunts and uncles and grandmother still live there. I lived there when I was younger (around 78-84 I belive) Moved to Knoxville TN and lived there for about 20 years, got married and moved to Kentucky where I get FSN Ohio and can actually watch the games.

Gary Redus Ruled

I live in Albion Ny. A small town in Upstate. Well my first baseball recollection was watching The Reds vs Red Sox in the basement (why we had a tv down there I'll never know) with my father. He says "who do you like"?...I said "I like the Reds". That was the Fisk homerun game DOH! The rest is history!
    Hoping for another Reds October

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I've never been to Cincinnati. I was hoping to make it this year for the REDSZONE gathering.

I was living in Venezuela when the BRM came to be and that skinny SS (what was his name again?) was kind of popular down there.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by CRedsLarkin11 View Post
    Grew up in Tennessee where there is no major league ball. Inherited the Reds from my dad and his brothers, been making trips to Cincy to watch the Reds since I was little. The rest, they say, is history
    Moved to Union City TN in 1970. I was 12. I loved to play around with the radio dial at that time, and I discovered WLW and the Reds.

Moved back to Louisiana in 1976, but remained a Reds fan.

Grew up on the west side. Stationed overseas through the years... Reading the Reds box score every day is one of the best parts of my day.

I call Albuquerque home now (originally moved here in 1982 as a kid when USAF dad transferred to Kirtland AFB here), but dad was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB near Dayton from 1977-80. Lived in Beavercreek, OH (go Beavers!). In 1975, one of the few US things I got to watch on TV in Taiwan was the World Series.

Turn Off Ads?