Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cardinals Starting Rotation

Re: The Cardinals Starting Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    For all the heat Adam Dunn takes he is responsible for 25 of those 100 runs the Reds have scored.

15 runs scored

10 RBI
    Maybe I am off on this here but say the Reds win 2-0 with Dunn getting a two run hr.
    Dunn gets 2 rbi and 1 run scored but the reds only score 2 so he didnt account for 3 of our 2 runs, right ?
    I say that because if he hits 5 hrs then when you figure the hr and the run scored,it didnt actually account for 25,right ?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    For all the heat Adam Dunn takes he is responsible for 25 of those 100 runs the Reds have scored.

15 runs scored

10 RBI
    Dunn's actually created 14.3 runs this season. Hatte and Conine have combined for 15.6. Hamilton has 14.4.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

My Bad.

Thanks Ravenlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not sure I understand the question.

What have the Cards starters allowed in runs vs. Reds starters
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    What have the Cards starters allowed in runs vs. Reds starters
    The Reds starters are ranked 3rd, 3.44. THey have a 111-31 K/W ratio, best in the league.

The Cards starters are ranked 13th, 4.72. They have a 84-49 K/W ratio., 4th worst in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    THey have a 111-31 K/W ratio, best in the league.
    I mentioned in another thread that this is such a promising stat, and very anti-Red circa 2000-2006.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I mentioned in another thread that this is such a promising stat, and very anti-Red circa 2000-2006.

Pitching staffs with K/W ratios of 2-1 or better, are generally in the top half in ERA.

Staffs with ratios below 2-1, are generally in the lower half.

I think our offense has the potential to go from middle of the park to the upper part.

If EdE can start hitting, and maybe Ross. No one for the Reds is completely overperforming right now, so I could see an upgrade in RS as the season goes on. (you could probably argue that Hamilton might not keep it up)

Anyone think our rotation will keep up this great start?

[QUOTE Anyone think our rotation will keep up this great start?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but, there's room to hope. Bronson Arroyo and Aaron Harang should at least match their performance thus far. Matt Belisle and Loshe are questions but it's not beyond reason they could match their start. Milton's another question, but, if he doesn't pitch as well as he has so far his replacement very well could.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

Anyone think our rotation will keep up this great start?

I certainly don't see it being all smoke and mirrors as it has in the past.

They don't walk many, they strike out a lot of hitters, keep the ball in the park and (milton aside) pitch a lot of innings per start.

Most here said all off season the offense would go as EE and Dunn went so its no suprise to me the offense heats up as EE (BP and Ross to a degree as well) does.

3 things not working in April were the pen, the defense and the RH hitters. I'm not super positive on this teams chances but even I know the D and the RH hitters are likely to improve.

The pen, not so much.

I agree that our starting pitching will do pretty good this year.

I could see Harang and Arroyo having good years (maybe not quite like last years but close) with Lohse and Belisle putting up a low to mid 4 ERA, and Milton keeping it in the high 4s... thats really not too bad IMO

Plus, if there are injuries we always have Saarloos, Livingston, Ramirez, etc. who all have the potential to throw some decent innings

One day after conceding concern about winless starting pitcher Anthony Reyes, the Cardinals on Sunday optioned their former top prospect to Class AAA Memphis, promoted lefthander Troy Cate and moved recent waiver claim Todd Wellemeyer from the bullpen into Reyes' rotation slot.
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...7?OpenDocument

I've said it before, Anothony Reyes has always been very overrated. The guy has did absolutely nothing in the majors. Same goes for Adam Wainwright. Guy had a good year out of the bullpen and everyone thinks he's the next big thing. I predicted he would struggle as a starter and so far he has (5.59 ERA, 1.79 WHIP, .864 OPSA).

Turn Off Ads?