Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Red Josh Hancock Killed in Auto Accident

Former Red Josh Hancock Killed in Auto Accident

Current St. Louis Cardinal pitcher and former Red Josh Hancock was killed in an auto accident.

I haven't seen a print story on it yet but Peter Gammons just reported it on ESPN.

It happened last night.

Cards/Cubs game cancelled tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Former Red Josh Hancock Killed in Auto Accident

That is horrible.

Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fellow players.

The Cards and Cubs were playing each other when Darryl Kyle died. What are the odds?
    Last edited by TeamDunn; 04-29-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Man Pills

Good lord. How awful. Just incredibly sad.

Wow. What terrible, terrible news.

My condolences to Josh's family and those around him.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

RIP Josh.

Absolutely awful news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Cardinals reliever Josh Hancock killed in car crash

April 29, 2007

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Josh Hancock, a key member of the bullpen that helped the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series last season, was killed in a car crash early Sunday.

The Cardinals said they were told of the 29-year-old reliever's death by the St. Louis Police Department. The team's home game against the Chicago Cubs on Sunday night was postponed.

The team said the accident happened in St. Louis, but no other details were disclosed. The Cardinals and police are expected to make a statement this afternoon at Busch Stadium.

Hancock has pitched for four major league clubs. He went 3-3 in 62 regular-season appearances for the Cardinals last season and pitched in three postseason games. He was 0-1 with a 3.55 ERA in eight games this season.

Hancock joined the Cardinals before the 2006 season. He has pitched for Boston, Philadelphia and Cincinnati.

Oh my goodness, that's terrible. RIP Josh.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. That’s the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Wow.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I Love Birds

I don't even know what to say really. We (Cards players and fans) had to go through this not even 5 years ago.

My heart goes out to everyone who knew Josh Hancock, but in particular to LaRussa, Duncan, Isringhausen, Pujols, and Edmonds, the few remaining Cardinals who were here when this happened to Darryl Kile.

Rest in Peace, Josh Hancock. You will be missed.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Dreadful.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

And now we've lost two former Reds pitchers in back to back years, Cory Lidle and Josh Hancock. So two have Phillie fans.

Watching the Reds-Cards game on FSN the other night, when Hancock came in to pitch, and pitched pretty well, against the Reds, listening to Welsh talk about how far he's come, and how valuable a member of the Cardinals pitching staff he is due to his durability, who would have thought that now this...?

RIP Josh.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Very sad news.

Hancock was my favorite Cardinal. I remember him pitching some very nice games for the Reds and was dissapointed to see him go to the opposition.

RIP Josh! My prayers and thoughts to his family and friends.

Very sad and terrible. Way too young to die. RIP Josh Hancock.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Very sad news news. May he rest in peace.

Turn Off Ads?