Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Anyone wear hard (RGP) lenses?

Anyone wear hard (RGP) lenses?

Just got them and I'm having trouble getting acclimated. The nagging feeling in my eye isn't the problem. I am having a problem calibrating my vision. I was 20/400 with glasses in my left eye and these contacts have totally reshaped my cornea and my eye is 20/25 now.

My right eye was 20/20 before and had been doing all the work for my left eye. Is it going to take a few weeks for my brain to adjust and allow both eyes to work together?

Thanks.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone wear hard (RGP) lenses?

Yeah, I used to wear them...probably from the time I was 18 until I was 30 or so. The worst thing about them is that they are easily irritated, a piece of dirt, the wind drying them out, a "bad eye day", etc. When that happens, the best thing to do is take them out for a little while, re-clean and then try again.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

It won't take a few weeks, you'll be surprised how fast you (your eyes) adjust to both doing the seeing, not just that poor left one.

Just keep wearing the lense, don't get frustrated and not wear it for a couple days, cause then you'll make your eyes start over.

Now the getting use to the feeling of hard lenses might take longer.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    It won't take a few weeks, you'll be surprised how fast you (your eyes) adjust to both doing the seeing, not just that poor left one.

Just keep wearing the lense, don't get frustrated and not wear it for a couple days, cause then you'll make your eyes start over.

Thanks. I was told by the eye doctor that this blurred vision would happen. Still was a little worried

I've only had them for three days now. Shouldn't be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post

I went back yesterday because the vision wasn't getting any better. He lowered my prescription in my left eye and instantly everything came into focus. My brain just couldn't figure out how to balance that much of a change with what the right eye had to do for so long.

Hopefully this settles me.

Turn Off Ads?