Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astros Series

Astros Series

Here are the matchups:

Tue: B. Arroyo vs. M. Albers
    Wed: K. Lohse vs. R. Oswalt
    Thu: E. Milton vs. W. Rodríguez

---------------

Would you considering moving Milton to Wed to face Oswalt if we win Tuesday? Basically sacrifice Wednesday, then send Lohse out to face Wandy on Thursday. I have the fear of losing 2-1 on Wed and I think if we win the first game, that would be the best way to win 2.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Astros Series

I like it the way it is. Lohse has a much better chance to keep up with Oswalt if Roy is dealing. I think Thursday's game has 9-8 written all over it. Both could be winnable.

Bronson better get a W Tuesday.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. That’s the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    Would you considering moving Milton to Wed to face Oswalt if we win Tuesday? Basically sacrifice Wednesday...
    The only time Eric Milton has started a game for the REDS in Houston was against Roy Oswalt on April 10, 2005.

The REDS lost 5-2. The REDS managed 6 hits in the game ... one a solo HR by Wily Mo Pena. Milton... 4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 3 HRA.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Man Pills

All I know is that the Astros clobbered the Reds in every way when they came to town most recently.

Just avoid making the games "battles of bullpens" because the Astros WILL win if that happens.

With the off day Monday I'd bump Belisle ahead of Milton in the rotation and start Matt on Thursday.against Oswalt,
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 04-29-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

The REDS should show up in Pirates uniforms to trick those guys.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

The Reds website has Rodriguez listed as pitching on Wedsnesday and Oswalt on Thursday.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The Reds website has Rodriguez listed as pitching on Wedsnesday and Oswalt on Thursday.
    If that is the case...may as well rest the starters on thursday cause they wont score 7 off oswalt !

I like Milton vs. Oswalt. We will probably get shut out anyways. Hopefully we can get the first 2 games and make that third against Oswalt not matter as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Well that would be great. I got my info off of Yahoo sports.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    All I know is that the Astros clobbered the Reds in every way when they came to town most recently.

Just avoid making the games "battles of bullpens" because the Astros WILL win if that happens.
    If by "clobber" you mean they won 2 very close games, the "clobber" it was.

Battle of the bullpens? Their's has been better, about 0.80 runs per 9 innings, or about a third of a run per game. I'm guessing we would still have a chance if the bullpens were involved with that little difference.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

I think the "day off" could not come at a worse time for the Reds. Our bats are just starting to heat up. I hope Jerry makes them take some "real" batting practice on the field Monday.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    If by "clobber" you mean they won 2 very close games, the "clobber" it was.

Battle of the bullpens? Their's has been better, about 0.80 runs per 9 innings, or about a third of a run per game. I'm guessing we would still have a chance if the bullpens were involved with that little difference.
    Since when is a 7-2 loss a "close" game?

The Astros, not known for a thunderous offense, scored 15 runs in two games against the Reds. That's a clobbering.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Since when is a 7-2 loss a "close" game?

The Astros, not known for a thunderous offense, scored 15 runs in two games against the Reds. That's a clobbering.
    A 7-2 game is a close game when it's 1-2 in the 8th inning.

The second game was 2-6 in the 8th inning.

Any game in which the losing team was winning in the 8th has to be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    With the off day Monday I'd bump Belisle ahead of Milton in the rotation and start Matt on Thursday.against Oswalt,
    I like this idea too!

Turn Off Ads?