Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better without Griffey

Better without Griffey

Man I like the lineup without Griffey. More speed with Freel and Hamilton, though I dont like Freel playing everyday. One less lefthanded bat in the lineup and better defense and team speed. I would like to see Griffey get healthy and see him come off the bench as our 4th outfielder and first bat off the bench against righties. Also it gives us more time to evaluate Hamilton on an everyday basis and let him get into the groove of everyday baseball again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Better without Griffey

I like the fact that the offense is quicker because team speed really is an asset but Griffey has been swinging a good bat and I feel the offense scores more runs when he is in. He offers protection to hitters like Dunn and EE.

Senor Votto

Griffey is a hall of famer I like the lineup better with him in it.

part of BBN

If the reds had not won the last 2 games, this would probably not even be an isssue.

I don't want Ryan Freel playing that much until he promises not to try to steal any more bases. His Net SB this season is -7, and that's figuring that he's been picked off only once, it may be more but I can only remember one for sure. When he gets on base he should just keep his foot on the base until the pitch crosses home plate, because right now he's costing us way more than he's helping us.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 05-01-2007 at 12:11 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

no no. Much better with Griffey in the line up. He is still given respect even if he has slowed down. Righ now just having 3 good OF all lefty makes it a challange.

I think the exact opposite. I was thinking that I was surprised there haven't been any threads saying that our lineup misses him. I think it really does.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    no no. Much better with Griffey in the line up. He is still given respect even if he has slowed down. Righ now just having 3 good OF all lefty makes it a challange.
    i agree 100%, in fact that is almost exactly what I was going to reply with, the only other thing i was going to add which is kind of obvious is that due to that respect shown to him, the other players in the lineup see better pitches which makes them more effective.

I've posted this before, but there is no substitute for Griffey in the lineup. No one else drives in the runs he does on this team given the amount of time he plays. Put Hamilton in center and Griffey in right if you have to, but keep Freel in his best position--a utility man.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I've posted this before, but there is no substitute for Griffey in the lineup. No one else drives in the runs he does on this team given the amount of time he plays. Put Hamilton in center and Griffey in right if you have to, but keep Freel in his best position--a utility man.
    Ding Ding Ding......we have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Agree completely.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

For the record:
    Griffey Starting: 8-8
    Not Starting: 4-5
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

It is a crazy thing, isn't it. For all of Griffey's deficiencies due to aging and, more so, injuries over the years, he still adds something to this club. I think it was so apparent last September. Obviously the day will come when he's not on this team, but while he's here, I'd love to see him out there regularly. I agree with others about making Freel the floater when Griff is healthy. That's a decent team.

Ya can't teach speed...

I agree, it is a crazy thing that it seems the majority of the posts about Griffey are about how good he is (or how good he isn't), when he's playing. Don't get me wrong, I believe the guy is an incredible positive attribute to this team. Not just for his production on the field but for his leadership as well. And, what a joy it is to watch him play. (look up poetry in the the dictionary and I think you might see Jr's picture). But, man it sure would be nice if he could stay in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    It is a crazy thing, isn't it. For all of Griffey's deficiencies due to aging and, more so, injuries over the years, he still adds something to this club. I think it was so apparent last September. Obviously the day will come when he's not on this team, but while he's here, I'd love to see him out there regularly. I agree with others about making Freel the floater when Griff is healthy. That's a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Griffey is a hall of famer I like the lineup better with him in it.

Griffey use to play like a hall of famer, sorry but those day have past. Point being Hamilton is better all around than Griffey right now.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Turn Off Ads?