Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harden being shopped??

Harden being shopped??

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/mlb...?urn=mlb,30852

It will be interesting if this goes anywhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    jdoncbus

Re: Harden being shopped??

The Reds starting pitching has been better then expected - I think they could use a RP or someone who can hit for average (see Sean Casey).

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/mlb...?urn=mlb,30852

It will be interesting if this goes anywhere.
    I love the fact that we have made a couple of deals with them already. If they do decide to tear it down it will make it much eaier for us to get in on the action. My question to all of you is, if available would you grab Piazza to play first and platoon at catcher? This would open up a trade of Conine which if he keeps up his pace could land a prospect or two from a team in need of a bat. Just a thought.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by jdoncbus View Post
    The Reds starting pitching has been better then expected - I think they could use a RP or someone who can hit for average (see Sean Casey).
    (See Sean Casey's numbers) 1.92 AVG

Pass. Harden's health is way too unreliable to merit serious consideration.

umm... Rich Harden shouldn't start anymore. He should be a closer or something because of his arm problems. Travis Wood anyone?

Ummm, anyone who would be so shortsighted as to think the Reds pitching could hold up all year is foolish. Harden, if healthy is a top 5 starter in baseball. Obviously the key is his health.

My question is this: Would you trade Adam Dunn straight up for him?

I would have to consider it, but right now I'm leaning no. Travis Wood? I would send him and anyone not named Bailey, Bruce, Hamilton, or Dunn right now. (Obviously I wouldn't trade Harang or Arroyo either.) Anyone else would be fair game.
    Go BLUE!!!

jdoncbus

Point being -- it'd be nice to have a guy like Casey who typically hits over
    .300 and drives in runs....

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    I love the fact that we have made a couple of deals with them already. If they do decide to tear it down it will make it much eaier for us to get in on the action. My question to all of you is, if available would you grab Piazza to play first and platoon at catcher? This would open up a trade of Conine which if he keeps up his pace could land a prospect or two from a team in need of a bat. Just a thought.
    At this point, it seems like a wash. Trade prospects for Piazza and then trade Conine for prospects. No offense to what Piazza's done, but he's not exactly lighting it up this year, slugging .368. I'll stick with Conine for now thanks.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

.300 and drives in runs....
    Dunn doesn't bat .300 but drives in more runs than Casey.

But I agree, they need offense.

.300 and drives in runs.
    Sean Casey 2007 Stats:

Code:
    SPLIT	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB	BA	OBP	SLG
    Season	23	78	3	15	4	0	0	1	0	.192	.259	.244
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

jdoncbus

Dunn's career numbers show he hits a lot of solo HRs - this year has been different and I hope it continues. When a guy hits 45 HRs and only has 90 RBIs -- you'd think he'd drive in more runs.

I sure wish he could cut down on the K's.

I could see the A's going after Tabata from the Yanks for him.
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 05-01-2007 at 03:39 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Dunn's career numbers show he hits a lot of solo HRs - this year has been different and I hope it continues. When a guy hits 45 HRs and only has 90 RBIs -- you'd think he'd drive in more runs.

I sure wish he could cut down on the K's.
    Is that a reflection on his hitting ability? Or is that a reflection of the ability of batters high in the order to get on base?

The answer is the latter.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

jdoncbus

The season is still young.

Turn Off Ads?