Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Astros - 5/1/07

Re: Reds vs Astros - 5/1/07

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I've posted the Astros lineup
    batting #6, pence. Some good pun material there...imaging if Schilling were pitching.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Reds NEED to show patience at the dish tonight. This is a pitcher they should dominate.
    I agree, hopefully Hamilton will take a few pitches in the leadoff spot. He has had the tendency to swing at the first pitch with mixed results, a couple of his homeruns have been on the first pitch, but also a lot of outs. The same goes for Phillips in the 2 hole. If they make Albers work, the reds should have a good night at the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I see Jerry is still riding the Gonzo hot streak. Might as well ride him until he cools off I suppose.

Save that talk for your Indiana buddies!

Awful lineup.

They will score 7
    Go Gators!

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanWC View Post
    I agree, hopefully Hamilton will take a few pitches in the leadoff spot. He has had the tendency to swing at the first pitch with mixed results, a couple of his homeruns have been on the first pitch, but also a lot of outs.
    He's hitting .375 with a 1.438 OPS when he makes contact on the first pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    What? You can't get worked up about it? Are you really a member of RedsZone?
    We have reviewed Razor Shine's reluctance to freak out over the line up and have determined that his membership at Redszone is, in fact, in serrious jeperdy.

The review committe has kicked his membership file to the "gang of 10" for final disposition.

For questions about this ruling please contact the ombudsman's office.

Kindly,

Membership Review Committee - Line Up Freakout Division
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 05-01-2007 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Awful lineup.

They will score 7
    Opposite George?

thorn

There seems to be a lot of grumbling lately about the Reds not taking the first pitch or "Not working the count", but wasn't this a strategy the Reds minor's had under O'Brien and of course, every one, including the players hated? To me, if it's a strike and you think you can hit it, swing away, who cares what pitch it is, it's more important to swing at something you think you can put in play then fall behind and end up swinging at a pitchers pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He's hitting .375 with a 1.438 OPS when he makes contact on the first pitch.
    Well i guess i didnt realize he was that successful on the first pitch. That's pretty impressive. That is the best reason for him not to bat leadoff then, a leadoff hitter is supposed to take some pitches so the guys hitting after him can see what a pitcher has that day, especially when facing a pitcher a lot of guys have not seen or have not seen much (which the reds seem to struggle against).

Narron better run with Hamilton if he gets on base, otherwise he should bat Hatteberg leadoff and let him work the count.

I have yet to understand why Phillips can't be our leadoff hitter when Freely is out. He's very quick and he can stroke the ball, not necessarily for power. Hamilton would work well in the four hole, right behind Jr. I don't care how old Jr. is, he's my number three hitter...my lineup would be Phillips, Hatteberg, Jr., Hamilton, Gonzalez, Dunn, Encarnacion, Ross, Arroyo

Senor Votto

Good to see Griffey back

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832 View Post
    I have yet to understand why Phillips can't be our leadoff hitter when Freely is out. He's very quick and he can stroke the ball, not necessarily for power. Hamilton would work well in the four hole, right behind Jr. I don't care how old Jr. is, he's my number three hitter...my lineup would be Phillips, Hatteberg, Jr., Hamilton, Gonzalez, Dunn, Encarnacion, Ross, Arroyo
    Phillips = Good pop, poor OBP

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Phillips = Good pop, poor OBP

He is a rbi/hit machine with ducks on the pond...which is why I think he is best suited for 5-8...even though his speed makes him a top of the lineup candidate. As mentioned...his poor OBP negates that option.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

What is Freel's OBP?

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832 View Post
    Dont mean to sound redundant but Phillips has no patiences and is more interesting in hitting a HR than getting on base as a leadoff hitter should do.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Turn Off Ads?