Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jon Coutlangas and Brad Salmon

Jon Coutlangas and Brad Salmon

2 young relief pitcher who throw hard. Salmon seemed to have the advantage as he could actually throw strikes,but it could have been a bad night for him. What do you think of them. I saw the first game of the series on tv, so this is how i received my impressions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jon Coutlangas and Brad Salmon

i like coutlangas in lefty lefty matchups, but other than that, i don't know how much i'd use him. as for salmon, he had some nice velocity, and i was rather impressed with him. also seemed to have good command.

The triple was an error and he otherwise will be fine. His upside is far more promising than other guys in the pen and his price tag for being average art best makes him a complete bargain.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    i like coutlangas in lefty lefty matchups, but other than that, i don't know how much i'd use him. as for salmon, he had some nice velocity, and i was rather impressed with him. also seemed to have good command.
    right now Coutlangas is best in the LOOGY role, but give him more exeperience and i think he'll be able to get righties too. dude has viscious stuff at times.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Last night, Coutlangas could not hit the broad side of a barn. Lets hope he will do better in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    2 young relief pitcher who throw hard. Salmon seemed to have the advantage as he could actually throw strikes,but it could have been a bad night for him. What do you think of them. I saw the first game of the series on tv, so this is how i received my impressions.
    Well Couter usually throws his fastball in the upper 80s and touches the lower 90s. But it looks like he throws harder than that because he has some other nice pitches and he's deceptive. I do like him as a LOOGY guy and I think he can help the Reds out of the pen for years to come.

I really liked Salmon, he only threw one pitch that wasn't a fastball though. I think just the fact that he can throw in the mid to upper 90s will help the Reds, if he can develop his other pitches he will be dominating in the future.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Last year lefties hit .156 against him and righties hit .197 against him. Granted it was AA, but neither side was hitting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    right now Coutlangas is best in the LOOGY role, but give him more exeperience and i think he'll be able to get righties too. dude has viscious stuff at times.
    I get excited seeing Cout against LH batters...

I shudder when seeing him against a RH...not that he's not capable, but he's virtually unhittable against a lefty...

It's the biggest reason I think Bray is really needed back upon good health...it's easier to LOOGY Coutlangus if you have both Stanton and 1 more LH...heck, even without Bray 1 of the main reasons you keep 12 in the pen is to allow for matchup bullpen strategy...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Last year lefties hit .156 against him and righties hit .197 against him. Granted it was AA, but neither side was hitting him.
    I read this after my 1st response...that's interesting...maybe my personal confidence isn't statistically relevant...I'd love him to have that kindof success against RH at this level...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Turn Off Ads?