Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edward Norton to play The Hulk

Edward Norton to play The Hulk

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Edward Norton has been set by Marvel Studios to play Bruce Banner in "The Incredible Hulk."

The Louis Leterrier-directed drama will be distributed by Universal Pictures, with an opening set for June 13, 2008.

It is a decided return to the mainstream for Norton, who recently has starred in such indies as "Down in the Valley," "The Painted Veil," and "The Illusionist." Pic will shoot this summer in Toronto.

Norton takes over a role played in the Ang Lee-directed "Hulk" by Eric Bana. Though that film opened strongly, it didn’t fare as well as other Marvel efforts, including "Spider-Man," "X-Men," "Fantastic Four" and, most recently, "Ghost Rider."

Marvel Studios, which has a $525 million credit facility obtained through Merrill Lynch, made "The Incredible Hulk" its second film under that arrangement, and seeks to make a sequel that is less self-serious and more in line with the comic series and TV show. Leterrier directed the action-filled "Transporter 2," and "Unleashed."

The new pic begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business," Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said in a statement. "His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the bigscreen in a new and exciting way."

The script for "The Incredible Hulk" was written by Zak Penn, who had a hand in crafting two "X-Men" films, "Fantastic Four" and "Elektra" for Marvel.

"The Incredible Hulk" is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel’s Feige. Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee are exec producing.

Norton, who will next be seen starring with Colin Farrell in the Gavin O’Connor-directed New Line drama "Pride and Glory," is repped by Endeavor.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edward Norton to play The Hulk

Step 1: Get as far from Ang Lee as possible. Check

Step 2: Get writers who know what comic book fans want and stay as far away from Ang Lee as possible. Check.

Step 3: Get great character actor to play Bruce Banner. Check.

Good starts.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Edward Norton wasn't the first person I thought of to play The Hulk, that's for sure, but he is a very good actor....
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

He's the best actor out there, IMO. I tell people that all the time. Damn good news.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Wow, from working in the sewers of Brooklyn to the Hulk. What a story
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I assume he will be playing Bruce Banner and Brad Pitt will play his alter ego The Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I assume he will be playing Bruce Banner and Brad Pitt will play his alter ego The Hulk.
    A Hulk movie in the same style as Fight Club would be cool -- lots of stupid violence and wicked humor.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I want another R rated Marvel flick. (I liked Punisher FWIW)

Loved Punisher. Good movie
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Same here. Punisher was a good flick.

I just want a compelling villain for the Hulk to fight. No giant-craniumed "Leader" , but also no ridiculous gamma-irradiated poodles like the last movie. How about Abomination?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

do not dis the poodle.

I personally really liked the Hulk. But if you really want a good hulk story read Planet Hulk. WW Hulk looks good too.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Punisher was great. I had hoped they were making another one.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    A Hulk movie in the same style as Fight Club would be cool -- lots of stupid violence and wicked humor.
    First Rule of Hulk - Do Not Make Hulk Angry
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    I just want a compelling villain for the Hulk to fight. No giant-craniumed "Leader"
    HEY!
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?