Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Silly GABP Question

Silly GABP Question

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it so I figured I'd give this a shot with my being an out-of-towner and all. I read somewhere that the Reds were having a booth setup that personalized Jerseys with name and number in about 20 minutes. Anybody know anything about this?

Brent

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Silly GABP Question

From the Enquirer:
    The shirt off their backs

You could be in a Reds uniform in no time - your name lettered on back of the jersey and everything. This year, a new heat-application process allows the jerseys to be customized in minutes, yet the letters still look as if they've been arduously stitched on.

The new jersey lettering system works so well, the Reds plan to use it for players, says Don Dierig, general manager of SportsService at Great American Ball Park. He saw the system demonstrated at a Las Vegas trade show last year, and brought it home to Cincinnati.

Fans will be able to buy the customized jerseys during games at a memorabilia stand in Section 119 at the Gap on the north side of GAPB. Dierig says the jerseys should be ready within 20 minutes after ordering. Customized replica jerseys cost $175 for adult sizes and $125 for children. Authentic jerseys cost $325.The Reds open the season at 2:10 p.m. Monday against the Chicago Cubs.
    Makes all the routine posts.

175 is nuts, I'll take my chances finding a Hamilton Jersey at the Majestic Team Shop.

Brent

What's the difference between replica jerserys and authentic ones?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Lots of quality.

One's fake?

Makes all the routine posts.

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by GSURedsfan View Post
    175 is nuts, I'll take my chances finding a Hamilton Jersey at the Majestic Team Shop.

Brent
    As of 2 weeks ago, there were no Hamilton Jerseys in the Team Shop. Also, the prices in the team shop are the same as listed above. However, I did find several vendors outside the ballpark selling Hamilton replicas for $75.

Cardboard Heroes has a Hamilton replica jersey for $99.95.

http://www.cheroes.com/redsjerseys.html

Like Doug said, a ton of quality.

I have one authentic jersey and a couple of replicas, and the quality difference really stands out when you compare them side-by-side. If you're really trying to contemplate the difference between buying an authentic and buying a replica, my suggestion is to find a place that carries them both and compare them side-by-side.

Of course, also take into consideration if you're planning on wearing any jersey you buy. It feels great to wear an authentic jersey, but use and the good ole washing machine will tear it up quite a bit. If I want to try to get a jersey signed and framed, I'll go the authentic route. If I plan on wearing it to games repeatedly, I'll just take the replica.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Damn Cyclone, batting 1.000 so far at GABP.

i got one of the personalized jerseys made at the booth at the reds game, and i'm very pleased with it. the lettering looks great. i bought the Mr. Red patch from the pro-shop to get sewn on the sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    One's fake?

Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

$150

Turn Off Ads?