Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Baseball players going for President's fitness award...

  1. #1
    Member Eric_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    5,041

    Baseball players going for President's fitness award...

    The Associated Press obtained a copy of Jose Lopez's (Seattle Mariners) recently signed four-year, $6.07 million contract, which contains some interesting clauses. According to AP, Lopez can earn an extra $125,000 annually by passing four in-season tests: body-fat percentage, a 60-yard sprint, a 20-yard shuttle run and a vertical jump. Success in each test earns $25,000, and if all four are passed in the same season, another $25,000 is tacked on.

    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Baseball players going for President's fitness award...

    I wish my employer would offer that.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  4. #3
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Baseball players going for President's fitness award...

    Does David Wells have this clause in his contract?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,736

    Re: Baseball players going for President's fitness award...

    Thats actually a pretty good idea to make sure your investment stays in shape.

  6. #5
    Member Eric_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    5,041

    Re: Baseball players going for President's fitness award...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Does David Wells have this clause in his contract?
    He does, but since he's a pitcher it involves the elbow a lot more....specifically, the bending of the elbow when he does the wrist-on-the-table to the chin test.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25