Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Bowden era alive and well in DC

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6761858

Thank god this clown is gone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bowden era alive and well in DC

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

Did you e-mail this to Marty?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    No, he'd love it!

I may have to do that, if I can find a direct email for him that he checks on the road.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 05-02-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Asst. GM Bob Boone is all I have to see. That and letting Soriano walk and getting basically nothing for him.

No, he'd love it!

I may have to do that
    You'd probably be his boy forever if you did that. Maybe even invite you over to the Brennaman mansion and let you swim in his pool. Maybe even date his daughter.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Not Laughing

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6761858

Thank god this clown is gone.

The next to resign should be Barry Larkin. Then he should come home.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

At least they didn't include a photo of Bowden wearing his leather pants.

Bowden must develop into a strong, effective leader, unifying his organization rather than dividing it.
    more than 10 years as a GM, it's simply ,not going to happen.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Bet you a dollar it gets multiple mentions during tonights game
    Go Gators!

What the heck was Kasten thinking letting Jimbo stay around? he'll set the franchise back 10 years.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    What the heck was Kasten thinking letting Jimbo stay around? he'll set the franchise back 10 years.
    For the life of me, I can't figure out how he's survived this long. You'd think the new owner would have cleared him out with the trash.

I thought this line was particularly telling:

Approximately 50 major and minor-league staffers, front-office personnel, player-development officials and scouts have resigned or been fired since Bowden took over including a number whom Bowden promoted or hired.
    This has been the norm for Bowden wherever he's been. That should be a clue for any owner that wants him to run a team.

In December, for example, Nationals minor-league officials requested approval to purchase 600 of the team's 2005 caps from New Era for $4 each, former employees say. The caps were to be used for minor-league players in spring training as well as players in the Gulf Coast League, Dominican Summer League and extended spring training.

It took six weeks for the purchase to be approved, according to the former employees. At that point the caps no longer were available, leaving the Nationals to purchase 2007 caps for $11 each a net loss of $4,200.
    This is unrelated to baseball. But this kind of crap drives me wild as I face it pretty regularly being in industrial sales. Companies routinely drive up their own price by dickering around and taking too long to place an order. Or they ask for a price for 1,000,000 units and then place an order for 1,000 units, as if we aren't going to notice. The other thing they'll do is ask for a price for only 100 units when they will actually use 100 units every week of the year.

Some orgizinations spend thousands of dollars because the baffoons in purchasing try to get cute or just plain don't understand how the world works. If your company has a good purchasing manager, go thank them, because they are likely saving the company big bucks by knowing how to do things right.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Bowden must develop into a strong, effective leader, unifying his organization rather than dividing it.
    This is my favorite part of the article. Bowden has only been a GM for what, 15 years? That's like expecting my dog to become a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I thought this line was particularly telling:

This has been the norm for Bowden wherever he's been. That should be a clue for any owner that wants him to run a team.

How many people left the Reds when Cast took over? Plenty, including some hired by DanO. New ownership is always going to cause a lot of turnover.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

This was an interesting note about Maj:

The Reds have until July 13, the one-year anniversary of the deal, to file a grievance. They have yet to do so, according to major-league sources.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?