Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Run in with a Cubs fan

Re: Run in with a Cubs fan

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Um ...Its kinda like if you dont leave we will make it to where you want to leave.

Then it wasn't voluntarily. He either left town voluntarily or was ran out of town. It can't be both.

As much as I like to make fun of Cubs fans, I doubt any other group of fans would have reacted any better if the same thing happened in their ballpark to their team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wait til Tony LaRussa finds out about this thread. THEN you all are gonna get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Then it wasn't voluntarily. He either left town voluntarily or was ran out of town. It can't be both.

As much as I like to make fun of Cubs fans, I doubt any other group of fans would have reacted any better if the same thing happened in their ballpark to their team.
    Ok, he was run out of town then. Which is something that would not happen in many MLB cities.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Ok, he was run out of town then. Which is something that would not happen in many MLB cities.
    Which is kind alike saying that they care more in Cubs land eh?

Fact is the Cubs have been a steady draw for 135 years or so, never a lull, never a champion either (since Teddy was President) mostly because they have a huge base to draw from, but also because a mess of them actually do give a crap. Sure they are annoying but I myself have never found Cubs fans any worse then any other fans myself. There are bad fans everywhere, even here.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Which is kind alike saying that they care more in Cubs land eh?
    How much a city cares about a team doesnt justify the ridiculous harrassment Bartman took for what was an honest mistake.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

How much a city cares about a team doesnt justify the ridiculous harrassment Bartman took for what was an honest mistake.
    Ya think?

It's just sports right? Yet Reds fans let Cubs fans rub them the wrong way every day of the year. It's kinda goofy as well IMO.

I could see it happen here very easily. WLW would be broadcasting the guy's name, address and phone number before the game was over. I think it's be worse here since Cincinnati is much smaller than Chicago. Fewer places to hide.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Ya think?

It's just sports right? Yet Reds fans let Cubs fans rub them the wrong way every day of the year. It's kinda goofy as well IMO.
    Cubs fans rub me wrong as well to. Bartman would have really rubbed me wrong to had I been a Cubs fan. The key difference is myself or I doubt most Reds would not throw things at him, stalk him, drive by his house and shout insults or make threatening phone calls to his house. There are going to be a few nutcases that do this but not to the degree that Cub fans did to Bartman. In general Reds fans are more well behaved than Cub fans, just go to a Reds/Cub game and gauge who acts like bigger idiots if you dont believe me.

Oh Abner! You were much much kinder than I would have been. Just reading that exchange got my blood boiling!

You're a better man than I am.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Last I heard he was voluntarily run out of Chicago.
    Not true. He still lives in Chicago and works in the IT department at Hewitt Associates.

He was, however, offered "asylum" in Florida in the days after the event, and was offered many talk show engagements and so forth, but declined them all (stupidly, IMHO).
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Not true. He still lives in Chicago and works in the IT department at Hewitt Associates.

He was, however, offered "asylum" in Florida in the days after the event, and was offered many talk show engagements and so forth, but declined them all (stupidly, IMHO).
    Something tells me Bartman and Dr. Richard Kimball have much in common.

The quotes that started this thread seemed pretty benign to me. I wasn't there, so I don't know the body language and tone that accompanied, but I'd recommend a little thicker skin. It does sound unusual coming from a bartender- I mean the point is to generate tips, not turn people off- but I have known a few who draw customers in by bantering a bit.

Personally, I like the challenge of those kinds of situations- it's usually meant in fun.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Sure they are annoying but I myself have never found Cubs fans any worse then any other fans myself. There are bad fans everywhere, even here.
    Indeed. I've had many more problems with Reds fans at games (because my girlfriend likes the Cubs) than I ever have with Cubs fans.

Lafayette is definitely filled with Cubs fans. Indianapolis is pretty split with Reds/Cubs fans...although I'd still say there are more Cubs fans.

Pinch Hits

I was blowing a buddy of mine (Cubs fan) some stuff the other day and he said "It's BIG" and another buddy of mine (Cards fan) says "They are big, they just don't win!" Even the Cubs fan had to laugh....

Turn Off Ads?