Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Gallon of milk projected to cost $4.50 soon!

Re: Gallon of milk projected to cost $4.50 soon!

Quote Originally Posted by zombielady View Post
    :thumbdown

1) I was actually poking fun of a comment earlier in the thread about the hormones... As I stated earlier that I love milk, and give my kids only whole milk

2) I'm not a moron. I lived on a dairy farm growing up, so I am familiar with both the size and temperament of a cow... I also doubt that my landlord would allow a cow in the apartment...

This is why they don't allow political threads here... Everyone takes themselves too seriously. Have you ever heard humor before, or is it entirely unfamiliar to you?
    Your comments were neither political or funny. If you truely grew up on a dairy farm you would know that. I go to great lengths to educate the general public about dairy products, it is one of the few things I can do that I feel makes a differance. At my local county fair a group of local dairymen run a Cow Milking display that allows "hands on" education about dairy products, from cow to you. I have been involved in this for years. The questions I get would make your hair stand on end, at the level of ignorance to the process that the general public has.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

2) I'm not a moron. I lived on a dairy farm growing up, so I am familiar with both the size and temperament of a cow... I also doubt that my landlord would allow a cow in the apartment...
    We have a couple cows in my building.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    We have a couple cows in my building.
    Now THAT's humor!

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Your comments were neither political or funny. If you truely grew up on a dairy farm you would know that. I
    OH... because my sense of humor differs from yours, I must have been lying about having lived on a dairy farm as a child?

I was not making fun of the dairy industry... I was making fun of the people bashing it (and the level of ignorance that the general public has). If you had TRULY read the ENTIRE thread instead of bashing me, you would know that.
    Last edited by zombielady; 05-10-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    We grew up drinking skim milk... many people I know think it tastes watery, but not me, I LOVE it.

Whatever you grow up drinking is what you'll stick with, and skim is the way to go, IMO.
    Not necessarily - I grew up drinking whole milk. Went to 2% for about 5 years and for the last 8 or so am down to 1%.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

You know what would be great? Beer cows. Really. Cows that, when you milk them, beer comes out. that's something I could really get behind, fears of genetic splicing and man-animal hybrids be damned.

First man who gives me a beer-cow gets nominated for a Nobel Prize.

And I'd pay 4.50 for a gallon of beer. Even Natty Light isn't that cheap. Wowsers.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    First man who gives me a beer-cow gets nominated for a Nobel Prize..
    I like the sounds of a beer-cow.

or beer-church.

Either or.

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    You know what would be great? Beer cows. Really. Cows that, when you milk them, beer comes out. that's something I could really get behind, fears of genetic splicing and man-animal hybrids be damned.

First man who gives me a beer-cow gets nominated for a Nobel Prize.

And I'd pay 4.50 for a gallon of beer. Even Natty Light isn't that cheap. Wowsers.
    Now THAT cow would make an awesome pet!

Quote Originally Posted by zombielady View Post
    Now THAT cow would make an awesome pet!
    Pigmy Beer Cows, at a petstore near you!
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Darn tootin! Hey, my future brother in law is getting his phd in biochemical engineering... hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    You can't mix a pig and a cow. Didn't you ever hear that song by Toto - "Pig and Cow DNA just don't Mix"
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    You can't mix a pig and a cow. Didn't you ever hear that song by Toto - "Pig and Cow DNA just don't Mix"
    I think Toto was mistaken!

I think they should ban milk from public places.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Ok when do I know to pull in my talons?

There are people out their that get petitions signed to do such things.

My first thought when I read your statement was Ron Burgandy's "Milk was a bad choice"
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Now that would be udderly ridiculous.

Turn Off Ads?