Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trade or cut Eric Milton?

milty almost tied Joey Jay

I guess he will keep starting until he breaks joey's record for starting the season

2. Turn Off Ads?

Trade or cut Eric Milton?

I think it is time to start cutting our losses. Eric Milton has no future in the Reds starting rotation.4-5 runs a start is not good enough anymore. If possible, we should see if he can turn it around in the bullpen. Every game he starts I mentally check off as an automatic loss. Homer Bailey is not ready yet, so we need to find another option for our 5th starting pitcher. I would look to trade him to see what we can get for him, or just cut him and accept our losses. I may be rash in giving up on him,but if we are going to try and win the division we need to at least start thinking about it.

Re: Trade or cut Eric Milton?

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I think it is time to start cutting our losses. Eric Milton has no future in the Reds starting rotation.4-5 runs a start is not good enough anymore. If possible, we should see if he can turn it around in the bullpen. Every game he starts I mentally check off as an automatic loss. Homer Bailey is not ready yet, so we need to find another option for our 5th starting pitcher. I would look to trade him to see what we can get for him, or just cut him and accept our losses. I may be rash in giving up on him,but if we are going to try and win the division we need to at least start thinking about it.
    If he is pitching bad enough that you want to cut him, what makes you think someone else is willing to take him on?

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Re: milty almost tied Joey Jay

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    I guess he will keep starting until he breaks joey's record for starting the season
    Explain. Joey Jay won 21 games twice. How in the wide, wide world of sports does Eric Milton have anything in common with Joey Jay?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

he lost his first five starts with the reds one year, milty could break the record

There are plenty of teams in the NL Central that are desperate for ANY starting pitching-even Milton.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Explain. Joey Jay won 21 games twice. How in the wide, wide world of sports does Eric Milton have anything in common with Joey Jay?
    If the offense hadn't come from behind to let the bullpen take the loss, Milty would have been the first Red since Jay in 1963 to be 0-5 after their first 5 appearances.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Unfortunately, Milton hasn't really done anything to lose trust from Krivsky and Narron. He has actually pitched better so far then he has the last 3 seasons, so I highly doubt that krivsky would choose now to cut him.

A trade is always a possibility, but I still don't see anyone willing to take him at a price that management would see as beneficial.

Crazy talk.

Milty is our 5th starter... He has been giving us a soild 5 innings of baseball.

In Milton 5 starts so far this year he has given up 3, 3, 3, 3, & 4. (16 runs, 13ER) He has done the job to get a W, but he has been snake bitten return the bulpen and hits.

Milton is keeping the ball IN The yard, and not walking batters... So forget the money he is making... He isn't costing the team wins.. If you want to know what is... Look up the 8th inning.. and you'll see what i'm talking about.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Eric Milton did not lose the game tonight. He's the 5th starter--one I hope is elsewhere by the AS break, but still he is doing what 5th starters do. Of course, it costs us a bundle, but blame that one on Danny O'Brien and his band of merry men.

This game was lost by poor decisions which I've already documented elsewhere. Eric Milton allowed 4 runs. We scored 5.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Eric Milton did not lose the game tonight. He's the 5th starter--one I hope is elsewhere by the AS break, but still he is doing what 5th starters do. Of course, it costs us a bundle, but blame that one on Carl Lindner.

This game was lost by poor decisions which I've already documented elsewhere. Eric Milton allowed 4 runs. We scored 5.
    Fixed that for you.

Yes it was dumbfounded the amount of lazy flies that were dropping in the game.He could'nt get a break.

Eric Milton did not lose the game tonight. He's the 5th starter--one I hope is elsewhere by the AS break, but still he is doing what 5th starters do. Of course, it costs us a bundle,
    Have to agree with this overall. At this point, he is not the reason we are struggling. He hasn't had a great start, but he also has not made a single game unwinnable with a gigantic inning. One has to think he'd draw less criticism if he was making a "normal" salary for a small market 5th starter. And in that regard, you sure don't blame Milty for taking the $$ he was offered.

This is a situation where context must be used and run support considered. I think that can be done since it lumps Milty with Bronson. What's it mean? Maybe nothing, but we're 1-10 when Milton and Arroyo start, and 12-5 when Harang, Lohse, or Belise take the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    I prefer to name both idiots...er...men.

Will e ever get past that dark period???
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by KYRed View Post
    If the offense hadn't come from behind to let the bullpen take the loss, Milty would have been the first Red since Jay in 1963 to be 0-5 after their first 5 appearances.
    I remember that. And he still won 21 games. Of course, I don't expect that from Milton .
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?