Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Interesting discussion in Trent's Blog

Interesting discussion in Trent's Blog

...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting discussion in Trent's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    I thought we already that exact same discussion on another thread? My guess is David Short posts on RZ.

I raised this same issue a few days ago, and just brought it up again on Old Red Guard. (I am not Mr. Short.)

yes, he does. It's almost word for word what I wrote here.

Sorry for not giving the board props in the post.
    I enjoy the discussion here very much.

Don't always agree with it, but that works both ways.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

dfs, it was a great post here, and I am glad to see it getting run there too...

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Great Post. I didn't see it here when it was posted.

I cannot agree with it more, and it just convinces me more that Narron is very much part of the problem.

edit: I did see...even repped dfs for it. But the RZ version didn't have all that great detail.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

thorn

Maybe if they didn't have to throw 30 pitches to get 2 outs, they could go longer. Anyone got a stat showing pitches per outing, or how many times the bullpen has a full count? I bet it aint pretty.

I just had a quick check around some other Cincinnati Reds blogs, and Mr. Short's write-up is getting quite a bit of notice. RedReporter linked it, as did Lance McAlister in his blog. Obviously it's been discussed at length on Trent's blog and on here. Very good post and research dfs!!

I think it just confirms what redszone has thought for awhile now. Narron is a bad manager.

Just look at some of the things he's done. I know his record is awful, but he's a bad manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Yes, this Blowpen seems to make a habit of walking the first batter they face. It is almost automatic and they always seem to be pitching behind in the count.

Turn Off Ads?