Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: At Least Stanton Cares...

Re: At Least Stanton Cares...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Read your own post. You said he was smiling, not laughing. Which was it?
    he was laughing and smiling.

did no one else see this?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    ...off with his head.

If I remember correctly, it looked like he was reacting to something Hatcher said. So I say let's get rid of both of them, we can't have our first base coach trying to keep guys in good spirits after they make an out. And if Hatcher did make a joking comment to Dunn, Dunn's response should have been "Coach, this is not a laughing matter, we just lost a game and now we're not allowed to use the hot water in the showers."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If I remember correctly, it looked like he was reacting to something Hatcher said. So I say let's get rid of both of them, we can't have our first base coach trying to keep guys in good spirits after they make an out. And if Hatcher did make a joking comment to Dunn, Dunn's response should have been "Coach, this is not a laughing matter, we just lost a game and now we're not allowed to use the hot water in the showers."
    once again things are being stretched. you just carried on a whole conversation that you didn't even hear, and another thing that was exaggerated, when did i say anything about getting rid of anyone? i just said that i think you should care more, and not be all jolly if you just lost the game.

Senor Votto

Is this really about Stanton or another one of the Anti-Dunn threads?

this is about attitudes. it's not an anti-dunn thread, it's more of thread against not really caring when you come up short, and that goes for anyone as far as im concerned.
    Last edited by mroby85; 05-04-2007 at 01:28 PM.

You can't possibly have any idea what he was smiling about. Perhaps someone made a joke about him missing the pitch as he walked off the field, or it could have been something else that made him smile.

I highly doubt he was smiling about his performance, and honestly, do you really think he was?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

once again things are being stretched. you just carried on a whole conversation that you didn't even hear, and another thing that was exaggerated, when did i say anything about getting rid of anyone? i just said that i think you should care more, and not be all jolly if you just lost the game.
    But if he's laughing at something Hatcher said, then who really has the problem here? Adam Dunn makes an out to end the game, Hatcher makes some, uncalled for, joking comment and Dunn laughs at it. Where's the source of this problem?

If I may jump in answer this question like I was asking myself: I'd say that the problem is with you for starting this thread. I really don't care if Dunn does cartwheels off the field after they lose. Just because Dunn was laughing and Stanton was sitting in the dugout with a disgusted look on his face does not mean that Stanton cares about winning more than Dunn does. Different people react to things different ways. I've seen Dunn get angry with himself and slam things, I don't think it means he was trying harder in those instances. I'm just saying that you're trying to read a little too much into things from two or three second clips of these guys on TV.

It reminds of last year when everybody said Jason LaRue had a bad attitude because they didn't see him give David Ross a high five after Ross hit a home run.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Dunn smiling is worth noting but its hardly anything to lose sleep over let alone start a thread over.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

It reminds of last year when everybody said Jason LaRue had a bad attitude because they didn't see him give David Ross a high five after Ross hit a home run.
    Yep, it's great to be able to read minds... makes it easy if you want to date too.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'd say that the problem is with you for starting this thread.
    Great minds think alike RK!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    You can't possibly have any idea what he was smiling about. Perhaps someone made a joke about him missing the pitch as he walked off the field, or it could have been something else that made him smile.

I highly doubt he was smiling about his performance, and honestly, do you really think he was?

you're right, but it was a time when he shouldn't be smiling. you may not know what someone is smiling about at a funeral either, but you know they shouldn't be smiling. i realize that is an extreme example, but it wasn't a time for joy.

No one said he was "joyous". But I honestly don't believe he was smiling because they just lost the game; it was surely because someone said something to him (Hatcher?). It could also been a sarcastic "smile" as a result of something that was said; there is such a thing you know.

Anyway, it's nit picking at its best. If the camera had been in the dugout, I'd be willing to bet that at least one of the players in there was smiling about something.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Ah. Your TV must have HD sound if you can actually hear him laughing. Where do you buy those at? Do they sell TVs that can let you hear what they are thinking as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Ah. Your TV must have HD sound if you can actually hear him laughing. Where do you buy those at? Do they sell TVs that can let you hear what they are thinking as well?

The obvious response is to make some lame ESP HD one liner here, but I'm above tha...
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?