Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ouch

Re: Ouch

I had one of our canine handlers send me a photo captioned "never run from a police dog". I can't post the photos onto this forum because of their graphic nature, but the suspect had a good size chunk of his scrotum ripped up from a police german shepard.

I did find a link to one of the not so graphic pics. I won't post the pic on the board though.

http://www.gluttonsess.com/blog/Poli...ite_small1.jpg
    Last edited by dman; 05-09-2007 at 07:37 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Supreme Jar Opener

I was quite the dare devil as a child, so let's just say I was on a first name basis with the ER nurses and docs by the time I was 12 and be done with it.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Oh, and a bulging disk in your back is no picnic either. Whoever said "take care of your legs and your back," wasn't kidding.
    Amen to that. I was playing soccer my freshman year and I went for a slide tackle, and ended up taking a bad tumble. I herniated a disk in my back and had a small tear in my lumbar muscle. I could hardly even move without the lingering pain for months.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    Both of mine are fishing related!

I got impatient removing old line from a reel and decided to use a fillet knife, so of course I filleted the top of my thumb off and had to have it sewed back on!

At East Fork I was throwing a crankbait around shoreline cover and barely hung on a tree, I gave it a jerk and stared at my lure in the air all the way back as two of the treble hooks buried in my thigh below the barbs. Emergency room doctor shot a local in and pushed the hooks out and cut the barbs with wire cutters and then slid the hooks back out.
    I had a spinnerbait hook go through the top of my ear once. It went through pretty clean, we cut the barb off and on we went.

My worst was breaking ribs. The actual break wasn't as bad as sneezing a half hour later and pushing them all over the place again.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    At East Fork I was throwing a crankbait around shoreline cover and barely hung on a tree, I gave it a jerk and stared at my lure in the air all the way back as two of the treble hooks buried in my thigh below the barbs. Emergency room doctor shot a local in and pushed the hooks out and cut the barbs with wire cutters and then slid the hooks back out.
    I once pulled a Crappie hook (1/32 oz) out of a tree and it smacked back into my thigh. We were on a four day fishing trip 3 hours from home and this was day 1.

The hook was buried entirely up to the lead head.

I didn't want to miss any fishing so I pulled it out (and a good bit of flesh) with a pliers. I'm a bit more careful about this now and I always were glasses when fishing.

GL

Turn Off Ads?