Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Take It Anymore!!!

I KNOW A LOT

Re: I Can't Take It Anymore!!!

I am almost ready to make my debut...im at 92-95 on the stalker. I just have to make one call to get a looksy....target date is July 4th-...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I KNOW A LOT View Post
    I am almost ready to make my debut...im at 92-95 on the stalker. I just have to make one call to get a looksy....target date is July 4th-...
    Best of luck! We'll be rootin' for you.
    Witty signature.

I KNOW A LOT

Thanks- I appreciate it. Ever since Hamilton made his comeback I have been fired up. I moved from Raleigh, NC to Sarasota, FL and the Reds complex is 10 minutes from my house. Seems like a good starting place for me. We'll see....

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Reminds me a little of "The Rookie"

the one with Dennis Quaid, not Gary Busey
    Witty signature.

It sure does get old, doesn't it? I wonder why teams with comparable or less payrolls have so much more success than the Reds do. Look at Minnesota, Milwaukee, Arizona and Florida (two WS in their short cheap payroll history). For some reason we continue to sign the wrong people over and over. The bullpen is a complete disaster, our sluggers can't hit with runners in scoring position to save their lives and our lame a** manager is scared to use a take sign for hitters to stupid not to swing at balls at their feet. Did you see those two balls Ross swung at??? Looks like he was playing golf.

I certianly do not blame Aaron Harrang. Our starters are not going to have perfect pitching every time out and when your damned bullpen can't go two innings without giving up 4 runs you are not going to win any games. At this pace in two weeks we can forget playing for any post season hopes. It is just ridiculous and the biggest problem is we have is that there is no one at AAA who is ready to come up and pitch relief. I admit Salmon has not done bad, but give our BP time to rub off on him. Maybe we should not have got rid of Dustin Hermanson, heck he did not do anything the rest of the BP has not done. For the record the BP has lost 8 of our 17 losses. We should be at 16-14 right now at least.
    Last edited by storrs19; 05-06-2007 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    The Reds have more than two good starters and most of the time, the offense isn't the problem. In fact, offense wasn't the problem tonight.

THE BULLPEN IS THE PROBLEM!
    I guess it depends on your definition of "good." We clearly agree that Arroyo and Harang fit that definition. I think we'd also agree that Milton definitely does not fit that definition. The question then becomes whether Lohse and Belisle are "good" starters. IMO, a pitcher has to be consistent for more than one month before he merits that label. I'm expecting the shoe to drop on both of them any day. Until they prove me wrong, I'll keep them listed as just "okay" starters.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    There's 29 other franchises. If it's as awful to be a Reds' fan as you say, choose one of them.
    This is the kind of smart alec, pompous post that does not belong on a Message Board like this one. People should be allowed to vent and express their opinions without immediately jumping in with a sermonette. Paintmered, I usually enjoy your posts, but this one is out of line...by a long shot.

Why should posters "be allowed to vent"? How is venting necessarily bringing anything to the table?

The bullpen was a problem last year, is this year, and will be in the future if they dont do something major about it. Its like an old car that keeps braking down that you keep throwing minor work into so hopefully it runs for a little longer. They basically have 3 maybe 4 players who should be in this pen and the rest should be shipped out. I players I think are ok are Countlangus, Santos, Saarloos, and Coffey. However out of those 4 relievers no one is anything more than a 6 or 7th inning pitcher right now. Brantly mentioned that Coffey has the stuff to be dominant pitcher in the league but he only throws one pitch. I watched his inning and he couldn't locate another pitch besides his fastball.

Last year I thought they should have done an overhaul of the pen and bring a lot of younger guys up. It would have helped out tremendously this year had those rookies had a 1/2 season of experience under their belt. I think tis time to do that this year. I have seen enough of the Weathers, Stanton combination blow games this year to say I dont want to see them out there anymore. I dont want a starter who presses to much because he doesn't trust the bullpen. Wayne its about time to bite the bullet and start with a new, younger pen.

They seem to be letting them out earlier and earlier each year.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    This is the kind of smart alec, pompous post that does not belong on a Message Board like this one. People should be allowed to vent and express their opinions without immediately jumping in with a sermonette. Paintmered, I usually enjoy your posts, but this one is out of line...by a long shot.
    Yes, you are right and I apologize.

I guess I've seen too many people around here make statements like "I can't take it anymore". If being a Reds fan produces so much emotional strain in your life, there are alternatives out there. I don't like to see the Reds lose as much as anyone out there. But it's still just a game and I'm still going to find enjoyment in a 60-win ballclub. I'm going to find enjoyment in watching college baseball, little league or even intramural softball.

Ohio winters are too long to spend the season griping about the Reds. It doesn't mean you can't criticize. Shoot, this would be a boring place if all we did was praise, even in losing efforts. But please try to find some joy in the fact that baseball is being played. November will be here before we know it and we will all be longing for spring training to begin again.
    Last edited by paintmered; 05-07-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Why should posters "be allowed to vent"? How is venting necessarily bringing anything to the table?
    35% of posts are related to "venting" in some form or other.

I have to agree with a lot of what he said though. We have witnessed more than a handful of stupid plays that have cost the reds games this year. Whether it is from poor discipline, mental breakdowns or, just unlucky timing is an arguable matter. However, it is an incredibly long season and we have potential to string 8+ games in a row. There are reasons for hope (it's still spring where hope is eternal...)

All we need is for dunn to be traded for his perceived trade value of the prophet mohammed. Hamilton to imitate Barry Bond's 2004 season. Griffey Jr to become the player he was at the age of 26 and for the bullpen to be rejuvinated by the re-emergence of the Dwight Gooden (playing with the same tenacity as his cocaine days of his early years of course) and for Lohse to drop his ERA slightly below 1.00. Go back in time and keep Trevor Hoffman instead of Chris Sabo and while we're time travelling trade Frank Robinson for the rights to the yet unborn Alex Rodriguez and Johan Santana while working in some sort of cash considerations that we invested into Microsoft as it was slowly emerging as the first mainstream producer of the Graphic User Interface. And if you really want to win we could probably install a net that could be raised above the outfield wall that will only be raised during the visitor's at-bats which result in every would-be HR struck off there bats to only be considered a foul ball...

Then we might have a chance

I don't care how many do it. Venting for the sake of venting is less than optimal, and there is certainly no "right" to it.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I guess I've seen too many people around here make statements like "I can't take it anymore". If being a Reds fan produces so much emotional strain in your life, there are alternatives out there. I don't like to see the Reds lose as much as anyone out there. But it's still just a game and I'm still going to find .
    Some folks out there just get so worked up and bent out of shape over what is supposed to be a fun diversion in our lives. I've never really understood people who froth at the mouth, concoct conspiricy theroies or just can't let player/FO mistakes go after a while. I know I'll get hammered for posting this, but if the game ties you up in knots, and that's your "relaxation and entertainment" I shudder to think how they are when exposed to the stresses of life and work.

An no, before someone says it, I'm not saying don't critisize, or that everything is perfect. There's a universe of difference between constructive debate and dissagreement with a player/manager/FO/owner/RZ Poster and the type of emotional hemmorage I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I don't care how many do it. Venting for the sake of venting is less than optimal, and there is certainly no "right" to it.
    Even in the game thread? Yikes. People's heads will explode!

Yup. Even in the game thread. Exploding heads or no.

Turn Off Ads?